Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 21 to 40 of 71

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      104
      Country Flag: United States

      JAKEFAB project 1965 F100 "Rangoon Red" for now

      The time has come to start a project that I have been dreaming about since I was a little kid... Why is that? Because this truck has been in the family since I can remember, and it goes beyond that! This 1965 Ford F-100 was owned by my Grandfather when he worked for Walco way back when I was around 5 or 6 years old. I remember riding down the long driveway to the mailbox with my grandpa as he drove this truck. As luck would have it, I got the truck as my very first vehicle around 1992 or so... I drove the truck all through High School, and dated my lovely wife, and went to many dances and would later marry her. We have been together since! As we approach our 20 year anniversary, I decided it was time to dig the truck out of hibernation and start a project.

      The truck had a rough life. I took extremely good care of it while I drove it throughout High School, but as I entered the Marines, the truck was put back into service on the farm. It was neglected, ran hard, abused, and ultimately parked as the brakes stopped working. I removed the truck from our family farm a few years back, and it sat at work in the back lot since.


      BUILD DIRECTION (Caution! Could change at any time. : ) )

      CV Frame, front suspension from 2004 Crown Vic. 14" Willwood calipers, custom brackets
      Rear stock 8.8, Strange Floater kit, stock upgraded watts link. 12.19" Wilwood disks
      18x9 TSW Nürburgring rims with 275/40r18 firechicken 500 tires
      A mix of Accuair (Controller/tank) and ridetech (Front shockwaves, rear bags)
      Ford Racing Aluminator 5.0 coyote
      Procharger D1 with intercooler
      A/C
      Nice Stereo



      Today I went and did a quick look over of the truck.




      I will keep all the project pictures on the Jakefab website here: https://jakefab.com/pages/project-f100


      On to the pictures!


















      Just go ahead and fill this in with bondo!

      I remember hitting a rail road track crossing in High School, and this patch of bondo fell out of the truck.






      Looking at the inner fender wells, I like how they look. I will try to retain them.








      Farm fix.

      Nice!




      Floor has some uhhhh... Rust!







      Pulled the dip stick, oil looks great!! And it's full!!!

      I plan to drive the truck home, "Roadkill" style, just because. It's a 30 mile drive from where the truck sits, but I want to drive it.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com