Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 146

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Easily one of my favorite builds going on right now!! Keep up the great work and take/post more pictures! I get excited every time I see an update!
      Thanks! I try to keep the updates to things of considerable substance but that keeps me motivated. I think once I get the sheet metal repairs finished up and the body back in one piece it'll move along pretty quick but I want to be sure I don't rush it for the sake of getting together.

      The time between posts is usually time spent going over different designs and ideas in my head to determine what is going to work and I see as the best route forward within my abilities but there almost isn't a day where I don't take a look at something on the car.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Antioch, CA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Updates!
      I fit the passenger side firewall panel and the trans/driveshaft tunnel is beginning to take shape.

      Name:  IMG_20170217_184335285.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  136.9 KB

      The tunnel will run all the way back to the rear of the back seat and tie into the trunk bulkhead and will have at least 1 1/2" of clearance all around the transmission.

      Name:  IMG_20170217_222321156.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  158.1 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170217_222550566.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  136.7 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170220_222647510.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  134.1 KB

      Also you may have noticed a crossmember under the transmission. I mocked up a design with cardboard and had a local shop water jet the multiple pieces to form the I-beam shape.

      Name:  IMG_20170211_164425124.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  143.9 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170211_164416784.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  120.7 KB

      I tried to keep it as light but strong as possible with the extra holes cutout, all the plates are 3/16"

      Name:  IMG_20170214_214515430.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  119.1 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170214_214508289.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  143.8 KB

      It fit surprisingly well going from a cardboard template I just need to work out how to mount it now.

      The bottom plates will have four bolts per side that go through the flange on the frame but it still needs something to secure the top plate to the frame.

      Name:  IMG_20170214_221128627.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  124.8 KB

      Name:  IMG_20170214_220601950.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  142.3 KB

      I've also been trying to think of how to do the center console and I'm not really sure how I landed on mid 70s camaro consoles but I ended up buying a used one off ebay to see how it might fit because I figure they have similar sized transmissions and whatnot and they're readily available new from OER products. Also B&M makes a shifter made specifically to fit these consoles which is another plus.

      Name:  IMG_20170216_183240858.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  130.8 KB

      And last but definitely not least I got the dash clock for the passenger side panel to match the other gauges and engine turned plate.
      The little beer mug is to remind me when it's beer thirty on those long drives.

      Name:  IMG_20170215_175057432.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  117.4 KB




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com