Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 41

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Kannapolis, North Carolina
      Posts
      30
      Country Flag: United States
      I made a little progress over the weekend. I started by cutting out enough sheet metal to be able to roughly test fit the new frame in it's future home. With the width of the frame I was able to leave the factory rear frame rails in place. They will get cut out later but for now it should help keep everything nice and square
      Name:  20160313_151436.jpg
Views: 1550
Size:  331.3 KB



      With the frame squared up and setting in place I built some jacking rails and got them tacked to the frame. Then the frame came back out for some more welding. These 1x2 jacking rails will eventually be welded to the rocker panel and run right along the pinch weld. The new floor will be roughly 1" higher that the stock floor pan.
      Name:  20160320_165335.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  326.3 KB

      I added a few gussets here and there and got the front and rear crossmembers fully welded.
      Name:  20160321_195914.jpg
Views: 1541
Size:  377.5 KB

      Every now and then you lay down a bead that you just have to take a picture of!
      Name:  20160320_165407.jpg
Views: 1558
Size:  264.0 KB

      These weren't my first choice of wheel and I'll probably get a little flack for them but they'll get me by for a while. I just couldn't pass up the deal when I found 18" x 10" wheels with the proper backspacing for $59.99 a piece and free shipping!!!!!!!
      Name:  20160322_181123.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  392.4 KB

      They won't look too bad!
      Name:  20160322_180804.jpg
Views: 1497
Size:  79.3 KB

      Also picked up a bit of sheet metal.... lots of sheet metal work in my future!
      Name:  20160322_192517.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  249.3 KB




    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com