Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 35

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      North central Montana
      Posts
      83
      Country Flag: United States

      my '66 Chevelle PT Challenge...

      I guess this is where I start my build thread. Coming to you live from North Central Montana. I have a '66 Chevelle 2 door hardtop. Watching the optima Search program (before Dish tv dropped MAVTV) got me hooked bad. I have always been into cars, 4x4's, boats etc. A few years ago I had to give up on all of these dreams as I started a new venture in Agriculture. You want to talk about spening money... lets compare. Anyway got the bug and for the first time in my life have a place to work on something.. inside... heated during winter... have good tools... and a bit of money, well not for long. Here is what i have,



      3-1966 chevelles in various condition, all from the same place so jumped on them.
      The one i will be building has some older updates as the project was started then pushed aside, but a great place to start, cleaned and painted. However the body needs new sheet metal all around the back, trunk floor, wheel houses quarter panels, no interior no wiring... you know the drill. But that is exactly what I wanted. Be careful what you ask for!!!
      This is what the chassis came with, so a great start:

      4 wheel disc brakes (all gm 11 inch I think)
      global west tubular upper/lower a- arms
      hotchkis rear sway bar
      Hotchkis 4 bar replacement bars (if thats the right name)
      Richmond 5 speed trans
      12 bolt rear end (may be a DTS, need to confirm) not sure of ratio yet
      chassis is painted gray (needs repainted)
      new set of pedals (but cant figure out which brand)
      new power booster and master cylinder
      supposed to be 2 inch drop spindles
      new rear springs, need to see what they are exactly

      In the past 2 weeks I put in my request to Santa and he really came through!!!! (Didnt think I was that good this year)

      LS 3 with TR6060, 6 spd from a 2015 Camaro SS (supposedly only had 750 miles before it was crunched)
      Tanks Inc gas tank (new)and 255 lph pump ( I think thats right)
      American Autowire Classic Update harness (Just ordered today)
      Mast Motorsports oil pan with the goodies (ordered yesterday)

      So that really get me off and running. Have been talking to lots of parts suppliers. I will get some pics etc when i can figure out how to get them off my phone. Also had to turn an old barn into a shop this fall to help with this, so there is where alot of other money went. I am really looking forward to meeting lots of you, the only bummer for me is my location and where all of the big events occur. But once the car is dependable it will be fun getting there. So the Richmond trans may be for sale once i get into this in a couple weeks.

      I guess thats my intro,
      Bruce





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com