Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Results 81 to 100 of 122
    1. #81
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys - Don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but the rear-end was off center of the body by a 1/4" to 1/2". I was able to shift the rear into place evening up the gap in the wheel house's by loosening the body mounts.

      Peets - You will be in the sweet spot with 255 or 275 tires on the rear if you can source a 6" BS wheel...my 255's will be close on the outside lips with my 5.75" BS wheels. I'm speaking only for the '67...other years I can't swear to.

      Stay tuned for a major turn of events with this project shortly...

    2. #82
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Street plans on hold for a bit...this one is going NHRA Stock Eliminator racing first. Street items previously installed are being removed and suitable track replacements taking their place. CM roll bar install is imminent...






    3. #83
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States

    4. #84
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Roll bar installation should be completed this weekend. Tilt steering column from Jim at BirdsandBowties will be a nice addition...









    5. #85
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      I removed the electric clock in the dash cluster and replaced it with a voltmeter today.











      The mechanical water temp and oil pressure gauges will be going on the column as it is in the Camaro...


    6. #86
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      251
      Country Flag: United States
      why did you remove the ls1 brakes?

    7. #87
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
      why did you remove the ls1 brakes?
      Too large and too heavy...the Aerospace units weigh next to nothing even tho they are 4-piston.

    8. #88
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States

    9. #89
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States

    10. #90
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like you're moving right along! Nice!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    11. #91
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Self inflicted headliner install and filled the tailgate trim holes with stainless button head bolts w/nylon washers.










    12. #92
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Front/rear glass installed and headliner finished.






    13. #93
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States

    14. #94
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow a lot of nice work sinse I checked in last time. Nice job on the roll bar.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    15. #95
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Dadgummit...I had to go and try a little wet sanding this morning. It's such an improvement now I see I will have to do the entire vehicle...I'm tired already lol.




    16. #96
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Having difficulties with the reveal moulding...got a pro coming tm to check it out. Slowly adding parts...












    17. #97
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      All glass, trim and bumpers installed finally.
















    18. #98
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Mena, AR
      Posts
      287
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good! How much shoulder room do you have with you roll bar? Just curious, I have a 67 Elky and have pondered a bar, but never liked the rear downbar out the rear window look. Never thought to move the hoop forward because of shoulder clearance.

      Chris


      Chris
      1967 ElCamino
      2004 Chevy SSR (my sons)
      1951 Chevy pickup(my sons)

      1967 Elky https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...587-Evil-Angel

      1951 truck https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...3-year-old-son

    19. #99
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bmbrzmn101 View Post
      Looking good! How much shoulder room do you have with you roll bar? Just curious, I have a 67 Elky and have pondered a bar, but never liked the rear downbar out the rear window look. Never thought to move the hoop forward because of shoulder clearance.

      Chris
      I don't have an image on this pc Chris of the seat in after the roll bar install, but I'll post one next weekend for sure. There's at least an inch of clearance between the hoop sides and the sides of the bench seat. The swing-out door bar stubs will be killer if you arent used to them being there lol.




    20. #100
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks good Rich!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com