Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 32

    Threaded View

    1. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      275
      Country Flag: United States
      A little bit of an update from over the weekend. Getting closer to first start-up/drive.

      Quick little brake overhaul. Before spending big money on any upgrades, I just wanted to get it rolling and back to life. I sourced most of the factory parts from Rockauto. The only issue I ran into were the factory brake hoses were too short. Ended up using some '74 Impala lines instead.



      I figured my neighbors would not be a big fan of the first start up of the big block with open headers. So I called a couple of local muffler shops that all wanted north of $700 to bend 2.5" exhaust. So I took the 3" straight pipe off of my donor vehicle, bought a couple of mandrel bends to fab up my own exhaust system. Its not going to win any show awards, but I spent about 10% of what the shops were quoting me.





      Brian

      1972 C10 - 454/TH400 - Short bed conversion - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...1972-C10-SoCal
      1970 Nova - LS Swap - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Cal?highlight=







    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com