Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 32

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      275
      Country Flag: United States

      1972 C10 ... SoCal

      So this project kind of started by accident in June of 2014. My first project is a 1970 Nova. It convinced me to join the masses and go the LS route, so I was searching for an engine stand on Craigslist....but came home with this instead.



      I was told the truck was lowered with Hotchkis springs. Its got some of the Early Classic brackets and parts here and there. It will get the old mildly built 454 with the th400. I'm going to put on a DIY hydroboost. Then once I get some miles on it and any issues worked out, I'll make a final build plan. Here's the Nova donating the Big Block to its new garage mate.



      When I bought the truck, it looked almost good enough that you could have dropped the motor. Done a couple things, here and there...then boom! Having a cool old running truck. But it never works that easily.

      So within a couple of days this happened (who knew they came apart so fast?):





      Then to piss off all the purist and their SPID sheets ... a little of this:



      Followed by a little nip here:



      Here is how she sits now:



      Hydroboost:



      And the near future....




      Stripping paint and coating everything in epoxy paint from Southern Polyurethane Inc. I'm thinking of calling in sick from work for a couple of days and see how much further I can get with stripping and painting.
      Brian

      1972 C10 - 454/TH400 - Short bed conversion - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...1972-C10-SoCal
      1970 Nova - LS Swap - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Cal?highlight=







    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com