Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 21 to 40 of 55

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      A1A Beachfront Avenue
      Posts
      81
      Country Flag: United States

      1965 4v twin turbo Falcon

      Hi,
      Figured I'd might as well start a build thread for my Falcon. I bought this car when I was 15 and restored it while limping a half finished car to school everyday. I'd work on it until late at night and every morning I'd rush to put it back together enough to get to school. Once I went to college, it got thrown on wheel dollies, spun sideways and shoved to the back of the garage with a car cover at my parents house.

      Fast forward 20 years. I decided to pull it out and finally build it how I always wanted to but could never afford it on the minimum wage after school jobs.

      This is the first time the car saw the light of day in 2 decades.





      I didn't like how the bumpers felt tacked on. So I sectioned both sides 1" and tucked them into the side of the fenders.





      Not going to have a front plate. So I cut it out, sectioned the opening and am going to build a spot for a couple of foglights.




      The factory unibody frame not going to be a good idea. So I put the car on a rotisserie and pulled it all along with all the wiring, brake lines, etc. A friend owns a chassis shop. So I bought it over to his shop where we could put it on a chassis table and build something MUCH better. So to get it there, I had to build a makeshift chassis out of 4x4s and caster wheels.




      Stripping the car down. Making sure its extremely straight.







      Loading it on the trailer.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com