Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 139

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      You left the engine/trans in place while changing out the K-member?

      That would speed things up!
      It did make for some good adrenaline reaching under a motor swingin' from a sling...

      Quote Originally Posted by Protour_Pinto View Post
      Quick question, I picked up a 89 crossmember from pick a parts the last 50% off day and grabbed some 94 spindles too, I was going to go with the 89 LCA but was looking at the later arms and noticed they were a bit longer, did you have any trouble getting enough adjustment from the struts to make them work? On my Mullet Truck the Mustang front end is already 10 inches wider than stock but was wondering if you felt a big difference with the arm swap?



      Were you able to go wider on the wheels too? Im hoping to go with the Cobra knockoff 9 inch on the front, Think its possible?
      Also, where will the autocross be on the 31st?
      Thanks!
      Its hard to say if I felt a difference in the wider front as I changed just about everything else at the same time. I did have to use Maximum Motorsports CC plates to get the alignment in check though.

      I'm running 17x8's in the front but only cause I got them for free. My rear wheels are 17x9 with 275s. I tried them up front today just for grins. They'd fit just fine if I pulled my fenders a bit more.

      The autocross i'm shooting for is at Qualcomm stadium.

      I got the front end all bolted up today. I found some small hangups.
      *Driveshaft will need cut down a bit.
      *I'll need to move the swaybar mounting brackets forward a bit.
      *Exhaust will need shortened to accommodate engine setback.
      *My heim joint rod ends are the wrong size for the new spindles.

      Here's where I left off today:



      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com