Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 22

    Thread: Reactor No.4

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      49
      Country Flag: United States

      Reactor No.4

      Hello all, I would like to introduce one of my projects, Reactor No. 4. She is a 1986 t-top mustang and will be my daily driver. I have dubbed it sort of an executive rat rod style, street sleeper. My focus will be on street manners, reliability and function. I have a pretty tight budget so I will also be doing as much of the work (if not and hopefully all) my self. Here she is as she sits now,...










      here are a few shots of where she started,..





      The '86 was just a shell and I cannibalized the '90 for the engine and transmission, and a few other parts here and there. The '90 was filthy and the body was beyond my ability to repair,..



      Anyway, it has come a long way and now that she is running I am looking forward to the next phase of her build which will be all pro-touring! The most important part of the build for me is the suspension and IRS. It is the defining characteristic of how the car feels and handles on the street. Keeping in mind that this will be my DD for some time to come, the IRS will also dictate how I am going to build and tune the engine. I am not trying build a torque monster drag car, rather a swift agile (street)corner carver. The engine that is in the car right now will hopefully come out in the next year or so and I would like to put in a coyote. I will probably put the pushrod motor in the cougar for a bit since it has relatively low miles and I really want to drive my '67 again! The next phase of my build will involve body work and paint, tuning and upgrading the suspension and components, and A-lot of interior work!

      Well thanks for looking everyone and don't hesitate to ask questions if you all have any!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com