Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Threaded View

    1. #32
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Last weekend I decided to replace the fitting and shim the flow valve in the PS pump. This will bring the output of the pump to the levels of pressure and flow that the Borgeson box prefers. The pump specs list 1400 psi @ 2.5 - 3 GPM and the box lists optimal specs at 1100-1250 psi and 1450 max @ 2 - 2.5 GPM. I may be overthinking all of this but that's what I do.
      I pulled the fitting that came with the pump out and used the shim kit from borgeson to lower the pump pressure. I then reassembled the valve and replaced the fitting with a lower flow one that has a male -6 output. I didn't like having a fitting adapter in line that could introduce one more leak point, so the one-piece fitting was chosen. After all of that was done, I reinstalled the pump. Now I just have to reinstall my lines, mount and plumb the cooler and fill and bleed the system. In theory!

      Borgeson's pressure kit includes the clamp for the pressure valve to prevent damage to the valve while holding it steady in a vice. It also has the shims needed to raise/lower the pressure. Just follow the instructions to choose the appropriate number of shims under the screened bolt to reach your target pressure.





      This weekend I finished adding my power steering cooler and hooking all the lines back up and everything seems to be all good again. A buddy (66 coyote-swapped mustang) kept pushing me to go out and get some shakedown miles with him so Sunday was shakedown day.
      He drive about 30 miles to my place and then we drove out to a nearby lake to put a few miles on my junk. Neither of us thought about how crazy the traffic would be. It was still a nice drive and neither car had any issues. We poked around on the crowded twisty roads before heading back to my house to give both cars the once-over. Progress!







      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com