Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Threaded View

    1. #15
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Has it really been 3 weeks? Updates!

      Over the past few weeks, I've made some progress. The stainless pre-bent lines from classic tube arrived. I spoke to them a few times prior to ordering and was always told that they couldn't promise the lines would be perfect, given my custom application. They were close to perfect in all of the areas that were still stock. But I had to get creative when it came to the Wilwood attachments. I also had to run out to Speedway Motors and pick up some line fittings. No big deal. I used that chance to swing by a buddy's place and pick up his Tefba filter that will live in my system for a short while. Got the brake lines bled and clutch lines ran and bled. I also reinstalled my fuel cap. I had decided a long time ago to weld up the holes and redrill them since a previous owner had used drywall screws to make an attempt to replace missing hardware.....I sorted out my throttle linkage, ordered, picked up, and installed my driveshaft. Beaned myself in the face during that process....good times. Now I'm getting close to cranking it....soon...ish. Over the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll likely lay out the exhaust and get an idea of what I'm missing needing and work with my Chevelle buddy to get the ball rolling. Bring on the photodump!


      Coolant lines sorted and filter installed. I'll clamp everything when I'm ready to put water in.





      Looks pretty good for pre-bent stainless.




      Okay....this will need some work.




      Getting better...










      The brake pedal sat -way- high...around 8" from the floor.

      The factory manual says 7 to 6 inches. I had to trim the brake rod on the wilwood to give me enough adjustment.













      Time to bleed everything came and I made a mess because I was doing a lot of this solo.

      I also might have -maybe- let the rears gravity bleed because I forgot to tighten a line.....








      Throttle pedal and stuff came in. I had to twist the rod a bit to get the pedal to sit the way I liked. The pic is before. I also may remove the clutch pedal and twist it back 'straight'.





      Safety wire passes tech, right?





      Getting ready to fill goobered-up holes and reinstalling the cap.








      Driveshaft in! I had it built locally by AZ Driveshaft. 3.5" DOM steel with 1350 solid ujoints on both ends using my Sonnax slip yoke. Ignore the ugly welds on the floors, please.





      Still haven't cut the hood. I haven't decided what route to take on that. Lots of debate happening.











      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com