Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      Wow, thanks so much, this is GREAT info. I assume you're also going to run grounds from the engine to the front frame rail to complete the loop? You must be running a traditional starter, I'm running a PMGR starter, so would have to make some changes accordingly. Is that ground stud something other than just a bolt welded in place?

      I hadn't even thought of moving the main power lead to a stud on the firewall, but thats a GREAT idea!
      Happy to help!
      I will be going nuts when it comes to grounds. I'll run one from front rail to engine, core support, and radiator. I haven't bought a starter yet. If i go with a pmgr, I'll likely run a second activation wire to the solenoid on the starter to prevent run-on. I could probably even piggy-back from the existing one under the dash. The ground stud is actually a weld stud. I found them on McMaster Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/weld-studs/
      And having the main power lug on the firewall makes so many things easier. Inside and out!

      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com