Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Good progress. Were the torque boxes in decent shape?



      Andrew
      They are. Everything is in really good shape, really. I just decided to replace the floors since my plan is to keep the car and the idea of revisiting pinholes in the floors at a later date didn't make sense.
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States
      Happen to have a status update for Mustang build?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 1968Mustang View Post
      Happen to have a status update for Mustang build?
      It just so happens that I do!

      So.....10 months have passed it seems. I've not been getting a lot done on the car itself. But recently, this has started to happen:

















      FedEx Freight picked it up on the 1st. I figure maybe 4-5 days to get it here. Once it's here, I'll get to work on pulling the old drivetrain and getting the new stuff safely nestled in place.

      I still need to decide what I'm going to do with the old 6 cyl and 3 spd. I don't want to sit on in and i certainly don't have a place to keep it stored.
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      So, I've spent the last two days working on the car. Getting down to my friend's shop takes about an hour, so it's not ideal. But he needs the space again soon, so it's been a thrash to get as much done there as i can before we load it up and bring it home. Not a lot of pics of what's been going on. Just a lot of cleanup, test-fitting, dailing in, etc.


      Out of the crate and finally in my hands.



      Getting ready to get started.



      Engine out - so much dust from it being parked outside under a cover....



      The tired 6 is out (and hopefully finding a new life with someone soon)






      Everything out and rolled it out to rinse it off.






      Borgeson steering box installed while everything was out of the way.



      Quicktime Bellhousing on and dailed in






      Engine roughly in place. Tomorrow's plan is to work on the drive angles, get the T56 mated up and the trans crossmember installed and continue working on this as we go.
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com