Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's the latest!

      I got my floors, tunnel patch, and seat pans welded in. I was trying to decide on whether or not I would wait for the pans to go in before or after I sprayed lizard skin. As you can see, I put the pans in. I'll spray some lizard skin under the floor in the area of the seat pans to help with blocking heat and call it a day. My logic, flawed or not, was that I was tired of metalwork and welding and wanted to get on to the next steps.

      Anyway, I got all of that done and headed to my buddy's place to drop off my fuel tank with him and borrow his paint guns. While I was there, his newest German Shepard decided he didn't recognize me well enough and tried to take a snap at my face while i was petting their other dogs. When i shoved him back, he caught my arm. I showed him the error of his ways and we're on good terms now. No stitches needed, just bruising and likely a new scar. I took the rest of the Memorial Day weekend off to nurse my busted wing.

      The latest is the floors have primer on them. I need to touch up a couple of places under the car, but next step is seam sealing the welds. I have also decided to pull the front and rear glass and headliner out to spray some lizard skin on the roof while I'm in that mode. I know the windshield and gasket are shot, so this gives me a chance to replace those and check the channel for any hidden rust. Hitt hates welding stainless since he hasn't perfected the control of heat and warping with it, but I told him that i didn't care how ugly the top of the tank was. Just as long as it didn't leak.

      On to pics!



      Working on the tunnel.


      Pans going in.



      First time seats have been in the car in over 2 years!


      Primer down.


      Tank work.


      Stupid dog.....a few days after the disagreement.
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com