Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Results 121 to 140 of 188
    1. #121
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      122
      Country Flag: Canada
      Looking real good, Godbolt. A friend is hooking me up with all the 3" food grade SS that I need for my exhaust. I hope it turns out even half as good as yours. What mufflers are you using? Again, that is real good looking work you're doing.

    2. #122
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      333
      Exhaust looks great. I just saw the intake tube. Holy F that's a lot of aluminum welding, I think I would have found a different way to make that, but all's well that ends well.

    3. #123
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
      Exhaust looks great. I just saw the intake tube. Holy F that's a lot of aluminum welding, I think I would have found a different way to make that, but all's well that ends well.
      Haha! Yes. I was considering sanding the welds down and making it appear as one smooth piece but I kind of like the look of the welds.....

      And thanks windows, I've got some flowmasters you can see in the earlier mock up picks.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    4. #124
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice job! It gets nicer every time you post!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    5. #125
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      By far my favorite project going on right now.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    6. #126
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Ok, so the scope creep continues. Was going to run the ford ECU but have decided to go with this-
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    7. #127
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      It will allow a much cleaner set up and a custom harness is being made. The extension to the supercharger intake is also done. When the engine goes in next time it will be to fire it.
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    8. #128
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      ...
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    9. #129
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Brisbane Australia
      Posts
      410
      Country Flag: Australia
      Great ecm choice! Always a treat to see updates on this one. Is the car still on the south side of Brisbane?
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

    10. #130
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Yep. It's at Ross Stone Racing. Tony Porter who did the fab work was a long time with SBR and Ross and Mark Bastin (sparky, also ex-Stone Brothers) are helping out. Good to have these contacts. They sourced an alternator from the guy who bring thems in from the US for the Aussie v8 supercar teams. They are from NASCAR where I'm told they will use them for one race and then replace! Ross and Mark are rebuilding Russell Ingall's championship winning car at the moment.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    11. #131
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    12. #132
      Please post a video of that engine as soon as you get it fired up
      This might be a dumb question but is this going to be a race car only? Or will it be street legal?
      Are there pro touring events here in Australia, like they have autocross in America?

    13. #133
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Not exactly street legal..... Looks like I will be able to get a limited rego as a road rally car. That would allow me to drive to and from events and within 15km of home provided I am "testing" a part and requires a log book to back that up. I'm ok with that as it is not exactly built for comfort as much as I would love to give it a blast up Mt Glorious each weekend early in the morning.......

      There are various road race style events, the most notable being the Targa's which is the long term plan, but I am looking at regular track days so I can learn how to use it properly.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    14. #134
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      I'll trade you engines


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    15. #135
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Brisbane Australia
      Posts
      410
      Country Flag: Australia
      I've looked at the rules for a few of the targa style events and I found it hard to be sure a non period style modified car would be able to find a class but there's so many street sprints and hillclimbs that look fun
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

    16. #136
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Category is a problem but they do allow cars in a "demonstrator" class if you don't strictly fit the rules. It is at their discretion but I suspect I can swing it.

      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project


    17. #137
      I've just googled a car that I saw (and touched...) a few years ago in the Adelaide Classic Rally (if it is the same car)- Steve Coad's HQ Monaro. 7litre engine and it enters these races in vehicle class MS which I think stands for Modified Specification. But anyway, you will race somewhere somehow

    18. #138
      Godbolt, I have tried sending you a PM but it doesn't look like it's worked so I will investigate a bit more. Still getting used to this site

    19. #139
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Firewall done. She is coming together.
      Attached Images Attached Images        
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    20. #140
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      ...
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast


    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com