Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 21 to 39 of 39

    Threaded View

    1. #31
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Carson City, NV
      Posts
      861
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      That was my thinking, but there aren't many stroked LSA's around and I keep getting the question of "why would you stroke it, just change the pulley" from guys with stock LSA's. It makes sense for them to just change the pulley, but I am going to have to build a motor anyway. I will likely build the the LS2 block for boost instead. My 418 rotating assembly doesn't have the best pistons for boost. It will probably get shelved for another build.

      From the looks of your motor specs, I figured you had thought it out and that you weren't just slapping a blower on top of an engine like that without doing some math.

      I will be watching your accessory drive too. I have an aftermarket subframe, but will definitely want AC here in the south.
      Well my dad always said there's no substitute for cubic inches... but a blower just makes the big stroker all the better.

      Actually the engine was going to be naturally aspirated, but when the blowers started popping up on ebay for $500.00 it was to good to pass up....

      after crunching the numbers and figuring out we could underdrive it so i didn't have to buy new pistons, I bought one.

      And its funny you mention the A/C brackets, I'm working on some prototypes today for a high mount A/C with an LSA... its a tight squeeze to fit all that stuff up in the upper left side... but I don't have much of a choice I have an external dry sump pump in the lower left....






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com