Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LS1 throttle cable w/stock linkage?

anybody have any ideas on mating the Lokar throttle cable for the LS1 with the stock '69 Camaro pedal linkage?

Robert's 1969 Camaro - 2002 LS1/T56, 10pt cage, Global West Stage III front suspension, HTH truck arm rear suspension, Sprint Cup 9" full-floating rear end, Fikse Mach V 17" up front 18" in the back and still working on it...

Convert your car to the cable set-up. I think it was found on 67 six cylinder cars and maybe 68-9 also. Im not sure on that. I bought mine several years ago from D&R classics. Call them, Im sure they could get you one.

Good luck!

Thanks. I bought one from Rick's. This does the trick. Honestly, I don't know why GM didn't use this for all the V8 cars as well. The cable set-up seems a lot safer. No chance of hanging the throttle open like the other set-up.
      Robert's 1969 Camaro - 2002 LS1/T56, 10pt cage, Global West Stage III front suspension, HTH truck arm rear suspension, Sprint Cup 9" full-floating rear end, Fikse Mach V 17" up front 18" in the back and still working on it...

Cool!

Yea I know, I like the cable too. That linkage was poor engineering if you ask me.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com