Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 27

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      East Tennessee
      Posts
      31
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
      Well, was more bend and try to flatten than roll in fact...
      Did it because of the 235/60R15 too wide for the 7" wheel & bulge a bit.

      I think it will be necessary to do it for the 17x8 I hope to have them next month...

      Also my rear end is a GTO 71 8.5 10 bolt so I think wider than a stock 69... I have chosen 17x8 BS 4.5 all arround, should work for me ...

      I'm not aware of the room in a 68 wheel well but should be good with 17x9 BS 5, even a 9.5 BS 5.5...

      But if you can roll them before paint, so you'll be sure it won't rub at all.

      Gil


      Thanks for the info, let me know how it goes! I'm a little nervous about how my choice of wheels and tires will fit...


      [COLOR=#141823][FONT=helvetica]This week's progress! Some primer after blocking. Moving right along. Waiting on the arrival of the newly restored bumper I ordered from a company out in CA. Fingers crossed fitment isn't a nightmare. Re-pop bumper was a complete joke as far as being "triple plated" as they claimed. Kept the rear repop, though.



      Attached Images Attached Images  


      '68 Ls1 Firebird Project: Here





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com