Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 90

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada

      4 Of a kind! It only took four S10 Blazers to make one!

      Hello all.
      Thought its time to give back.
      7 years ago I moved from British Columba to Alberta. Not having many friends yet and facing the coldest winter I had ever experienced, I thought it was time to build a project. I always wanted a sleeper and one of my favorites was the s10 blazer 1st gen. I had just finishedf helping 2 restorations, the first a 66 GTO convertible and the second a 72 vette convertible. After hearing those old v8s I started getting the bug for a project of my own.
      I found a Craigslist special 305 powered blazer which I was so exited to take home I didn't "notice" the rust along all the bottom half. But at least I had motor mounts and the headers and some decent rims.
      As we got busier at work this sat in our yard for months, in the mean time I had found another blazer with a 4.3 and a shot transmission but a brand new interior. Parked that one in the yard. Soon after found a long bed s10 with a 350 and 700r tranny which was the combo that I was looking for. So now with 3 trucks I thought I had enough parts to build one. I started removing parts and stripping pieces and I cobbled together what was soon to be a complete blazer ready for an engine, lots of bodywork and paint. By now I knew my way around these trucks.
      I Had found a hot rod mag article on a vortex headed $3000 x 400 hp SBC build. So I took the engine from the long bed, sent it out or machining and assembled all the parts I needed. A few YouTube videos and two books later i built my first engine. I was so afraid to start it thinking I screwed something up, it sat in my garage for another season. While I was doing the body work #4 cme into my life. So I stripped #3 and finally gave the engine a home.
      Fast Forward to spring 2012 and the blazer came to life...

      To be continued .
      Cheers
      Gio






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com