Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 21 to 40 of 208

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum and congrats on you project. Looks like you have a good plan to follow. The floorpan project seems to be coming along nicely. The rotisserie must really help; I had to do mine on my back with the body on a cart about 28" off the floor using a creeper. I was able to get most of the undercoating(OEM ONLY) off with a wire wheel in an angle grinder. Boy was that a mess, especially since I started with a body that had been left outside for over 10 years and inhabited by who knows what, but did it ever stink.

      Do you have plans to reinforce the frame, or add a rollbar/cage? What about motor mounts? I have been looking at the Dirty Dingo mounts made here in the Phoenix area. A friend installed a Camaro LS1 into his '70 Chevelle using the stock pan and these mounts adapters. Close yes, but it still worked. I've also seen a lot of noise about the pan baffle kits for autoX and track use, but have never seen any reports on them. I've got an Accusump already that I will put to use. I really appreciate the updates as they help keep me motivated as I transition my '66 from a dragrace only car to a street/track toy. Sorry for all the questions, but as I said, you seem to have all your ducks in a row. Thanks for sharing!

      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com