Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast
    Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1547
      Country Flag: United States
      It's amazing how much time a seemingly simple wiring job can take!

Placing the amps under the dash offers easy access to a solid ground and power feed. I am using a 10 gauge wire for both, which should be fine. The sub amp pulls 20 max and the other amps pulls 15 max.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      Andrew, which Holley harness/system did you use for your swap in this car? I am currently using the GMPP harness (like you have in the your GTO) on my crate L92 (similar to yours) and just wondering if the Holley is a better/worse system to go with. I would like to be able to use the pwm setting and similar stuff with having to refresh my GM PCM. I recently bought HP tuners because I want to be able to adjust my PCM settings without going to a tuner. I have not found very many tuners in my area so I am considering switching over to something like that Holley system. Any feedback would be appreciated.
      Chris,

I am using the Holley Dominator ECU. If there is no tuner in the area getting a Holley HP or Dominator is definitely the way to go. Making changes with HP Tuners is possible, but from what I have seen of it, it is a very complicated piece of software. It also doesn't allow for real-time changes like the Holley does. The Holley software is also easier to use and the system uses a wideband (or two) O2 sensors which facilitates self-tuning of the base fuel map. If you want to retain the DBW, then you have to go with the Dominator. If you switch to a cable TB, then you can go with the HP.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I decided that get new speakers to mount in the kick panels that I got. The kick panels that are sold for Mustangs and Cougars don't offer a lot of depth for speakers, so someone suggested I get the Polk Audio DXi6501 component system.

I found them speakers on Amazon Prime from a third party seller for less than what Crutchfields was selling them for. Given that I am a Prime member, I decided to go for it.

This is what I received in a rather rough looking box:

These are clearly not new and look to be OEM Chrysler speakers that were stuck in a Polk Audio box. After a quick Google search of the part number I confirmed that they are Jeep Liberty speakers. This seller (Buc4385) is clearly trying to rip people off by sticking old take out speakers in Polk Audio boxes and selling them.

I called Amazon and they instantly refunded my money and I bought again from Crutchfields. Amazon doesn't mess around with stuff like this and I would not be surprised if they pursue criminal charges on top of never having him as a seller.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Wow! That's shady! And clearly not components speakers! I wish you'd have taken a video when you opened up that box! I'd have been pissed!
      Did he glue those round foam pieces onto the magnets to cover up the Chrysler emblem/info? WTF
      Glad Amazon took care of you! I'm a Prime member too.
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Wow! That's shady! And clearly not components speakers! I wish you'd have taken a video when you opened up that box! I'd have been pissed!
      Did he glue those round foam pieces onto the magnets to cover up the Chrysler emblem/info? WTF
      Glad Amazon took care of you! I'm a Prime member too.
      I was pissed because this guy was not only trying to rip me off, but also wasting my time. Amazon has always taken care of me whenever I have the occasional issue, so I knew getting my money back was not going to be a problem. I suspect that the foam was there from the factory.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Those look nothing like Polk speakers. I'm a big fan of Polk and use them in my home, in my daily driver and just upgraded my Camaro to them. They look nothing like these Chrysler factory looking speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Chris Davis View Post
      ....They look nothing like these Chrysler factory looking speakers.
      Exactly!

This is the picture that was posted by the seller:

The ad also said they were screwed in place but ultimately not used, and you can see in the picture above that the mounting tabs so show screw marks, but clearly what I received was not what was in the picture. I don't own a Jeep, never have.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

That's certainly not as pictured. These are what I bought for my Camaro a month ago and have in my daily. I also got these tweeters too. Probably overkill on highs, but I like how they sound together with the 6x9's in the rear package tray.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB6...ilpage_o04_s00

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Pol...ilpage_o04_s00

There are also these. I went the other way, becuase I didn't want a full woofer up front if that makes any sense. The 6.5" I have are being used as my mids anyway and not much bass. I have a subwoofer in the trunk for the bass.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB6...eywords=db6501

Quote Originally Posted by J. Chris Davis View Post
      That's certainly not as pictured. These are what I bought for my Camaro a month ago and have in my daily. I also got these tweeters too. Probably overkill on highs, but I like how they sound together with the 6x9's in the rear package tray.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB6...ilpage_o04_s00

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Pol...ilpage_o04_s00

There are also these. I went the other way, becuase I didn't want a full woofer up front if that makes any sense. The 6.5" I have are being used as my mids anyway and not much bass. I have a subwoofer in the trunk for the bass.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB6...eywords=db6501
      This is what I ordered from Crutchfields:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hxQOIzN...o-DXi6501.html

I am very limited with mounting depth and these should fit...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Very nice! I assumed they were an older model. Maybe I have the older model. Either way you should be very happy with them. Maybe you can sell the Chrysler speakers on Ebay.

Andrew, everytime I try to save money, it seems like this happens. When I was young, it usually worked. Glad you have it covered.

Wow!! Pure ol' BS if you ask me. I'm sure he will get his someday, just kind'a pisses you off cause you can't be around to see it when it happens. When something like this happens to me, my wife always says, "it'll come back around to them". I tell her, "maybe so, but I want to be there when it happens". If you guys remember the TV show Dallas, remember when Larry Hagman got even with someone it always showed him in a car across the road with the window down smiling... Karma done right.

Glad you got your money back though Andrew.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Hey!

As mentioned in my message, these came off the press recently. It's a magazine a speed shop (Performance Improvements) produces, they help find me all the parts I test the limits of... I've started writing content for them for fun. This issue has my adventure to Holley LS Fest, the story is a cut down version of the 3 parts I have in my build thread.

They love your car. AND they loved the shot I took of your engine and opted to do print 2 covers. Your cover goes to all the subscribers, the copy with my truck in the corner is in store, they have 6 locations. I'll mail you a couple of copies. Here are a few photos, this is only part of the story.

Name:  _MG_4806_PIM_LS_fest_600.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  164.1 KB

Name:  _MG_4812_LS_fest_PIM_600.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  109.7 KB

Name:  _MG_4805_LS_fest_PIM_600.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  117.4 KB
      Last edited by bovey; 03-31-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: photo error

That's some very cool stuff right there.

Mark,

Thank you so much for taking those pictures and getting them published!!! I hope that our paths cross again at LS Fest or another event. Drinks on me.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Congratulations Andrew ! Nice to see all your hard work recognized.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Congratulations Andrew ! Nice to see all your hard work recognized.
      Thanks Wayne!

The real Polk speakers showed up on Friday and today I had some time to fiddle with them. I don't know who designed these kick panels but they are just a little too small for 6.5" speakers. What's frustrating is that there is plenty of room to make the pods a little deeper and also a little larger in diameter to properly accommodate a nice 6.5" speaker.

In order to make it all work I had to use two 1/4" spacers stacked together to give me enough depth (and these speakers are only 2" deep) and to accommodate the larger speaker diameter. I ran a thin bead of silicone between the spacers and between the spacers and the kick panels.

This gave me enough room, although it isn't spectacular looking...

I then surface mounted the tweeter because there just wasn't enough space in the flat portion of the kick panels to do a flush mount.

I also used some dampening material on the backside of the kick panel to make sure it doesn't rattle around.

With the grill installed the side view is even worse, but this was the only "bolt in" solution that I could come up without going crazy and making my own fiberglass kick panels.

Besides, once sitting in the car, you basically see this...which isn't terrible.

I only got the one side done today but I couldn't resist testing it out. These sound really nice and with my little JL Micro Sub the system thumps pretty good. Once the other side is done it will be even better!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you get the other one installed and have them broken in!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Andrew, I had read the text on my email updates but not seen the recent pictures until now. I missed that the seller posted pics of the speakers. Hard to believe honest mistake now!

Shady indeed!
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

The weather today was tolerable, so I decided to see if I can make a little radio delete panel for the stock bezel.

I started with a transparent piece of plastic and slowly snuck on to the desired shape:

Once I was happy with the fit, I transferred the shape to a thicker piece of ABS plastic that I had left over from another project.

Once I was happy with the fit, I made the opening for the Bluetooth amp controls.

I have some nice black vinyl and I am going to eventually wrap that panel with it, but for now I am just making slow progress.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com