Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 201 to 216 of 216

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Mapleton, IL.
      Posts
      252
      Country Flag: United States

      1964 Buick Skylark "Project Angry Bird" budget build

      I have been a member of this site since 2004 but have never posted my projects. I enjoy following the build threads and finally decided with some prodding from a few members that I would post up some pictures of my long term project that has been slowly evolving into a Pro-touring style car. After selling my last project (72' GMC Sierra Grande truck) in 2006 I was ready to start something new. This was going to have to be a budget build since my family comes first and I would have two kids in college before long. I wanted to start with a solid A-body car, but most decent Chevelles were out of my budget.
      I grew up with a Grandfather that always liked Buicks and I had a 65 Special he helped me rebuild as a teenager. Many years later I had a 72 GS cloned to a 455 stage one car. So a Buick made sense and seemed like an affordable option.

      My build plan changed along the way. Starting with the stock engine (300 V-8 ), to plans of a turbo V6 to eventually swapping to a LS3.
      Bear with me as I try to build this thread in a chronological order starting back in time. I purchased this car in March of 2007 out of California from a V8Buick member. It was a nicely optioned early build car with back-up lights, AM radio, all the exterior trim, bucket seats, ironing board console, and a original aluminum headed 300 4bbl / automatic. My orginal intention was to purchase a nice stock car and transplant a Grand National drivetrain but this would change. Shortly after the purchase I began to collect the parts and aquired a 87' GN engine and trans. I promised myself I wouldn't tear the car down until I had the majority of the parts for the conversion. While slowly collecting parts my family and I enjoyed the car with the stock drivetrain. We did weekend cruises and the occasional car show.
      Here is what I started with in 2007.


      The powerhouse 300 V8

      Interior


      The GN engine and Trans.









    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com