Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 102

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Cedar Rapids, IA
      Posts
      999
      Quote Originally Posted by FireBeater View Post
      So the bird is back on the ground. With pivot of the front suspension and lowering I think I resolved some of the fender to tire space. I think I will have more for the turns.
      How did you change to center the wheel better?

      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      FL
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      So I might not use the correct terms, but this is what I see has changed. I tried to illustrate the change in these pictures. The first picture is the old fenders, with new wheels and tires. Old body mounts, springs, bushings, etc, and spring spacers. Now notice the height and positioning of the wheel alignment and fitment. The center cap of the wheel being a visual reference. The next picture is with the new fenders, body mounts, new lowered springs and new control arms. I am lead to believe the lowering by the springs and shifting angle of the spindle by the control arm positioning all help aid in the new positioning of the tire reducing the space to rub. I still want to get button bolts to provide additional clearance.

      Once I get out out on the road soon, I will let you know of the TRUTH about the tire to fender clearance.

      Quote Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
      How did you change to center the wheel better?
      Original Position
      Name:  13.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  218.1 KB

      NEW Position
      Name:  28_1.jpg
Views: 1794
Size:  139.2 KB




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com