Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Results 101 to 120 of 143

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
      Is that floor and trunk pan one piece or two?
      The floor and trunk are separate pieces, thanks.

      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Suncity FL
      Posts
      76
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome work as always! The more work I see done buy you the more I wish my Camaro could make the trip across state for some body work. Mini-tubing that GTO is making the impossible a reality!


      My 69 Camaro, My first car and I still have her 18 years later!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Joker69Camaro View Post
      Awesome work as always! The more work I see done buy you the more I wish my Camaro could make the trip across state for some body work. Mini-tubing that GTO is making the impossible a reality!
      Thanks, Let me know when your ready for that Body work !
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      The L76 and LS3 from the Pontiac G8 count as keeping it Pontiac in my book. Mine is getting an LS3 plus a few extra cubic inches.
      Stephen

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      California
      Posts
      794
      Country Flag: United States
      Gotta love the argument for old iron. "Put modern suspension in there, modern brakes, modern trans, modernize the hell out of the car but don't you touch that inefficient old iron, because that would take away the cars originality" WAA WAAA WAAAAAA


      Car looks good, it's making me jealous that I am not working on mine.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by SShep71 View Post
      Gotta love the argument for old iron. "Put modern suspension in there, modern brakes, modern trans, modernize the hell out of the car but don't you touch that inefficient old iron, because that would take away the cars originality" WAA WAAA WAAAAAA


      Car looks good, it's making me jealous that I am not working on mine.
      I agree SShep, Just doesn't make sense to me to use the old iron. The LS2 is lighter, stronger and will make the car handle better. Thanks
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      California
      Posts
      794
      Country Flag: United States
      The weight isnt even a factor. Just the engineering and efficiency of the LS motors are leaps and bounds better than the iron. Thats not even considering the power potential, however I digress. I dont want to turn your thread into a Poncho vs. LS debate. The work is awesome and I love seeing more Pontiac builds going on that arent F-bodies.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      1,197
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 67speedfreak View Post
      Sure it is ! Thanks !
      I was being sarcastic.

      Quote Originally Posted by SShep71 View Post
      Gotta love the argument for old iron. "Put modern suspension in there, modern brakes, modern trans, modernize the hell out of the car but don't you touch that inefficient old iron, because that would take away the cars originality" WAA WAAA WAAAAAA


      Car looks good, it's making me jealous that I am not working on mine.
      I was at a car show last weekend, and a guy walked up glanced over my car and said "you ruined the car". I said "why?". He pointed out the LS engine, and plus other things that were "wrong" with the car. His car is a 68 Firebird, with custom 2 tone paint job, drop spindles, 18" wheels, Wilwoods, Camaro rear spoiler, but it has a "proper" Pontiac 350 (albeit done in chrome and billet pieces).

      Purists drive me nuts.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      The L76 and LS3 from the Pontiac G8 count as keeping it Pontiac in my book. Mine is getting an LS3 plus a few extra cubic inches.
      Now I'm jealous !
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      N. Shore, Ma
      Posts
      346
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey nice work!
      If you don't have shock tabs yet here is a good source, and they have control arm brackets that you might be able to adapt to your setup.

      http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...Tabs_c_11.html
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ekmxryda View Post
      Hey nice work!
      If you don't have shock tabs yet here is a good source, and they have control arm brackets that you might be able to adapt to your setup.

      http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...Tabs_c_11.html
      Thanks for the link ! I forgot about these guys.
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Melbourne, Fla
      Posts
      216
      Country Flag: United States
      You are a mad scientist my friend! Looking killer! Not sure what rear you will be going with or how wide a wheel, but I'm sure Frannie will be pissed when you have to buy them!

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      Progress has been slow but here are some pics of where I am.



      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States


      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      N. Shore, Ma
      Posts
      346
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Brian,
      Hows the frame going? Did you get the coil over mounts set up yet?
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      I know its been awhile. I have been moving my shop and have ben busy as hell.
      Here are some updated pics of the project.

      I still have some work to do on the chassis but it's back in one piece.







      Rebuilt the windshield pillars on both sides that were rusted thru.





      new toe boards installed and torque boxes going in.

      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States


      Also repaired the rockers on both sides and filled the trim holes for a smoother look.



      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      N. Shore, Ma
      Posts
      346
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Brian, Lookin good, nice to see some progress pics!
      Before you finish all the welding on the frame grab some of these UMI Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets and weld them in too.
      They would save you some time if you didn't feel like making your own. Your probably a little scattered after moving shops, hope you kept all the parts organized. I keep making trips out to my Mom and Dad's to bring home boxes of parts for my GTO that I took off almost 30 years ago (scary)!

      http://www.jegs.com/i/UMI-Performanc...ductId=2971021
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Merritt Island,FL
      Posts
      1,182
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ekmxryda View Post
      Hey Brian, Lookin good, nice to see some progress pics!
      Before you finish all the welding on the frame grab some of these UMI Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets and weld them in too.
      They would save you some time if you didn't feel like making your own. Your probably a little scattered after moving shops, hope you kept all the parts organized. I keep making trips out to my Mom and Dad's to bring home boxes of parts for my GTO that I took off almost 30 years ago (scary)!

      http://www.jegs.com/i/UMI-Performanc...ductId=2971021
      Thanks man.
      I am going to build a custom rear with adjustable lower control arm mounts and adjustable coil over mounts.
      I think I pretty much know where everything is, lol.

      I need to pop over and check out you thread.
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

    Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com