Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

New LT1 or general 5 motor swap questions.

Has anyone, or know someone that has done a 2015 LT style motor in there cars? I'm still new to these motors and wondering if the swap is similar to ls. I have a lead to a 2016 LT1 from a wrecked corvette just and wouldn't mind swapping it in my 71. Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images  

As of today:

Motor mounts: Dirty Dingo
      Headers: Ultimate Headers
      Oil pan: Modify the stock, buy a Moroso fabbed pan, or Holley will have theirs available in March.
      Fuel system: Restomod Tanks w/ ZL1 pump module
      Cooling system: BeCool, or many others
      Control system: Chevrolet Performance, Speartech
      Accessory drive: Dirty Dingo, or another kit is available through Schwartz Performance

Where to buy any and all parts listed above: Schwartz Performance!
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      As of today:

Motor mounts: Dirty Dingo
      Headers: Ultimate Headers
      Oil pan: Modify the stock, buy a Moroso fabbed pan, or Holley will have theirs available in March.
      Fuel system: Restomod Tanks w/ ZL1 pump module
      Cooling system: BeCool, or many others
      Control system: Chevrolet Performance, Speartech
      Accessory drive: Dirty Dingo, or another kit is available through Schwartz Performance

Where to buy any and all parts listed above: Schwartz Performance!
      Has anyone seen a PS pump kit that uses the Gen V Camaro accessories yet? I have seen several that use the LS water pump and a truck balancer pulley. Also one that uses the driver's side offset truck LT water pump and balancer pulley. Holley has a Sniper EFI tank for my Cutlass. Anybody have experience with these yet? A friend has a Rick's vaporworx tank in his '67 Chevelle. Very nice piece, but also a lot of $$$$.
      Mike R
      '66 Olds Cutlass Convertible
      '15 Challenger SRT 392 (DD)
      '72 Pontiac LeMans (wife's toy)

Hmmmmmmm

Are there any adaptors yet to run a 4l80 transmission where you can put the top bolt that is off set in? Any solutions yet for running power steering and AC on the LT4 with a stock 67 camaro subframe?
      1967 Camaro RS/SS - Project "Skunkworks" in Progress...

Quote Originally Posted by piratebaseball View Post
      Are there any adaptors yet to run a 4l80 transmission where you can put the top bolt that is off set in? Any solutions yet for running power steering and AC on the LT4 with a stock 67 camaro subframe?
      The top bolt being left out when installing a 4L80 trans behind an LT creates the same scenario as installing a TH350, TH400, Powerglide etc... behind an LS. Swappers have been doing that for years with no widespread reports of issues in street car use. Your issue will be to find a suitable flexplate with the 8-hole LT crank pattern. If you find a flexplate (check GM performance) you can use a 4L80 LS type torque converter as the crank end planes and pilot geometry are shared between the engines. You could also use a Gen-3 torque converter with the common crank spacer that's been used for years.

Quote Originally Posted by piratebaseball View Post
      Nothing for the 4l80 bolt. The 4l80 doesn't have a removable bell so might not see anything for a while. But think about LS's with a fabricated steel pan, that gets rid of two mounting bolts. I don't think it's cause an issue.

Otherwise an adapter plate could be machined or fabbed up to gain the bolt, and machine a torque converter spacer.

We have a source for an LT4 wet sump serp drive. Not 100% sure if it fits a stock Camaro subframe/steering box though.

Right now, the LSA is the best deal due to the parts availability and options.. But we've sold several LT4's and swap parts.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I believe the LT 8 bolt flex plate is the same bolt pattern as the LSA engine 8 bolt flex plate.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I believe the LT 8 bolt flex plate is the same bolt pattern as the LSA engine 8 bolt flex plate.

Andrew
      I've not had the opportunity to confirm that yet, but it may be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

Andrew
      This is correct. Clutch kits (flywheels) for the LSA and LSX fit the LT's as well.
      Same part numbers.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Country Flag: Canada
      I'm doing an LT4 engine in my Chevelle...Dale has answered most of your questions but there is more and more info is popping up around the interwebs:

User Cdog on here is installing a dry sump LT4 in his Camaro, thread about his headers:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...as-Landed*****

Super Chevy Article of putting LT4 in a 67 Chevelle:
      http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...classic-chevy/

68 Camaro with a wetsump, he made a nice PDF with good information:
      http://automobileman.com/
      http://automobileman.com/wp/wp-conte...tion-guide.pdf

And I'm sure there is more I'm missing...I know there is a Nova getting one as well.

Good luck with the swap if you go ahead with it!

I have a LT4 in my 69 Camaro. Images can be found in the build thread link.
      Nathan

1969 Chevrolet Camaro - lt4camaro.com - Instagram: @lt4camaro - Pro-Touring.com Build Thread

I've got a 5,100 mile LT1/8L90 that's been sitting Under the bench since September '16 There were hardly any swap parts then. There's more coming all the time now. I'd love to use the tranny, but I think the pan is going to be too low (3" more from output shaft centerline to bottom of pan than my Turbo 350). Anybody seen an 8L90 in 64-67 A-bodies yet? I'll probably either go 4L70 or manual.
      Name:  IMG_7605.jpg
Views: 2444
Size:  241.2 KB
      Mike R

Well I picked up my L86 but I been contemplating on selling it. If I keep it I'm wondering which trans I should run, manual transmission would be fun but really would prefer an auto, new 8speed would be cool if all fits the tunnel, and ground clearance.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by chacho44 View Post
      Well I picked up my L86 but I been contemplating on selling it. If I keep it I'm wondering which trans I should run, manual transmission would be fun but really would prefer an auto, new 8speed would be cool if all fits the tunnel, and ground clearance.
      I'm thinking of selling my 8L90. The 64-67 A-body tunnel is smaller than the 68-72 so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go 4LXX in mine. I think ground clearance would also be an issue.
      Mike R

Just curious, why are you thinking of selling it?

I kinda wanna focus on my wheels n tires, tub, and frame kit. I can use this money towards it.

New LT1 or general 5 motor swap questions.

Nobody that I know for the PS pump with OE accessories.

Holley sniper tanks are TanksInc tanks, and they appear to use the same pumps too. Plenty of track record with tanks inc.
      SchwartzPerformance

Thanks for the info. Can you provide me with a price for a Tanks Inc setup for a Gen V in a 1966 Cutlass? Thanks.
      Mike R

Quote Originally Posted by Mingus View Post
      Thanks for the info. Can you provide me with a price for a Tanks Inc setup for a Gen V in a 1966 Cutlass? Thanks.
      Tanks Inc doesn't support pwm controlled fuel pumps; it'd be best to go with a Ricks/RestoMod tank with an OE pump module.
      Send me an email
      Dale at SchwartzPerformance dot com

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com