Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68400BIRD View Post
      Your car looks great. Glad to see you stick with the Pontiac motor. Like mentioned before I would rather see a garage built car and an original motor under the hood.

Thank you. I love the looks and sounds of the Pontiac motor. Not an engine builder, so I had to pay someone to rebuild the engine. It cost me more than the paint job. Whatever the case, I don't regret a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gto406 View Post
      Car looks totally awesome, and real deal Pontiac! .

Hope you will be out enjoying it soon.
      Thank you, unless I can find a glass guy soon, she might sit until I figure out how too shape the glass without damaging the front glass.

I worked in the glass business for 40 years. You need to use a upright belt sander that has a water sprayer on it. The reason the glass is cracking is due to the heat from the sander. U could even backyard do it with a belt sander and someone holding a hose. I should clarify. This is only good if u want to remove small areas. If u want to take off large amounts I wouldn't try to sand that much. U probably will not find any glass company do this because of the risk of cracking.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      I worked in the glass business for 40 years. You need to use a upright belt sander that has a water sprayer on it. The reason the glass is cracking is due to the heat from the sander. U could even backyard do it with a belt sander and someone holding a hose. I should clarify. This is only good if u want to remove small areas. If u want to take off large amounts I wouldn't try to sand that much. U probably will not find any glass company do this because of the risk of cracking.

Ron

Thank you!!!
      That is great information.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com