Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Project Green Dragon (95 TA)

Hello,
      I have been an inactive member here for a while, since I have been finishing my 95 TA before jumping too far into my 69 Camaro. I have just been researching and keeping up on a lot of these builds (there are some VERY nice ones!).

I really don't know what to call what I have done to my 95 TA, I would categorize it as Pro-Toured (but I'm not sure if that title is reserved for older muscle cars)? Any how I think it might interest some folks...

I am a 28 year old Mechanical Engineer working for the Navy in Bremerton, WA. My father is a Hot Rod builder/Body-Man that has been doing that for 30+ years in Montana(so I get a pretty good deal on body work ). This is the first car that I actually bought myself, I have owned it for about 7-8 years. It was originally a bolt-on car then it snowballed as my knowledge and skills progressed to what you see here.

It still has a little body work to finish on the headlights and nose, but it is close to done.

Parts List...
      -95 Pontiac TA
      -385 ci LT4 with Lingenfelter ported LT4 heads and intake, Callies Magnum crank, I beam rods, SRP pistons, 60 lb injectors, etc
      -EFI Connections LS1 ecu conversion (no more opti spark, Coil per cylinder, and I can tune the engine with HPtuners)
      -1 3/4 to 1 7/8 stepped SS headers
      -Dual 3" merge pipe into a single 4" pipe then after the rear end splits back to dual 3" and then to dual 5" Magnaflow bullet mufflers and rolled tips (still finishing this)
      -LC-1 Wideband O2
      -Custom designed high mounted F1A Procharger with custom front mount intercooler (Should make about 650 RWHP)
      -Level II Performabuilt 4L60e tranny with a 2200 billet stall converter, B&M stealth pro-ratchet shifter
      -PST 3.5" aluminum Drive Shaft
      -Moser 9" with auburn posi
      -Full BMR tubular chassis/suspension
      -Fays 2 Watts link with custom mounts
      -AFCO coilovers front and rear with 550lb front and 200lb rear springs
      -Mini tubbed rear end
      -19x9.5 and 20x11.5 Forgeline ZX3P wheels with Gunmetal centers
      -275/30R19 and 345/25R20 Pirelli Pzero's
      -14" Wilwood BSL6 front and 14" Wilwood BSL4 rears with integral parking brake
      -Fiberglassed Dash and painted Satin Black
      -Custom Autometer Gauge cluster
      -Corbeau CR-1 black leather seats
      -6 point roll bar and Schroth racing harnesses
      -Rear seat deleted and custom subwoofer box taking its place
      -Custom Side intakes C5 corvette style and custom ram air hood
      -90mm and 60mm Hella headlights
      -Custom mixed Lime Green and Gunmetal two-tone

I know I am missing other stuff but those are the main components of the TA.
      Attached Images Attached Images              

Welcome. How do you do the fender and front in body mods since that's all plastic? Love the LT engines. I plan to do the LS1 PCM conversion when I start to work towards my turbo build.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

WOW, its hard to be a stand out in a world of 4th gen (or 1st gen) f-bodies, but you got it done w that paint!

I think I have seen this car before, maybe on tech?

How do you like that Fays2 watts link? I'm considering one for my 02 Z28. Thing is rod end noises drive me nuts. I'm assuming you can cover rattles with subwoofer and LT4 though.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

All the body mods are fiberglass made from molds, then glued on the body panels with Fusor epoxy and then fiberglassed. It was quite the day when we cut a HUGE hole in the door for the side intakes.

I am from tech, but I am about to stop posting on that site with all the immature guys over there. This community understands the work involved and effort put into the car and see past the color (if they don't like it).

Unfortunately I haven't driven the car yet with the watts link, but from others feedback I have high expectations.

More Pictures here...
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2146367

Nice Firebird; I used to have a 94 Z28, but always wanted to get a 4th gen bird as well.

You really need to update this thread to what your car actually looks like now.

please.....
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

I forgot I had this thread...

It is finally about done!
      -Custom Headlights done
      -New stripe
      -New wheels (Forgestar 19x9 semi concave and 20x12 deep concave) with Pirelli tires
      -Still finishing up the tune, but it is a monster!

Videos of some burnouts.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fcY26PoDLk
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auWTosnB8Yk
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA4JSOlS3b0

Cantilever setup on the rear, it looks really cool to see the coilovers working in the rear view mirror.

Engine bay with custom air box, custom strut tower brace, and engine bay covers (I am repainting the engine bay covers lime green right now)

Underside of the car

"Step Brothers"
      Pro Toured 95 Pontiac Trans Am (Green Dragon)
      Full Frame Build 69 Camaro (Night Hawk)
      -Luca Z

Wow- love it!

Engine bay covers are done, for the 2nd/3rd/4th time...

comparing it to the pics in my post above, I really like the way the lime green looks compared to the charcoal.
      "Step Brothers"
      -Luca Z

I think the green engine bay looks much better.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

One year later and another wheel update. Third set of Forgeline's but I "think" this WILL be the last, I just didn't like the Forgestars that I bought last year. No lip was killing me, so I went with the most EXTREME that I could. I narrowed the rear end 4.25" per side, and with the mini-tubed setup I decided to try and fit a 28.5" tall rear tire. The setup is...
      Forgeline CV3C deep concave front and rear, black pearl outer hoops (tinted clear over polished aluminum) and matte black centers.
      19x10 with 7.25" BS (1" outer hoop) and 275/35R19 Nitto NT05 (26.5" tall)
      20x12 with 4.875" BS (5.5" outer hoop) and 315/35R20 Nitto NT05 (28.5" tall)

Now all I have to do is rebuild the engine, the wheels were supposed to provide the motivation to pull the engine!!!
      Attached Images Attached Images              
      "Step Brothers"
      -Luca Z

Wow, Wow, Wow

The car looks awesome !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnDragon View Post
      One year later and another wheel update. Third set of Forgeline's but I "think" this WILL be the last, I just didn't like the Forgestars that I bought last year. No lip was killing me, so I went with the most EXTREME that I could. I narrowed the rear end 4.25" per side, and with the mini-tubed setup I decided to try and fit a 28.5" tall rear tire. The setup is...
      Forgeline CV3C deep concave front and rear, black pearl outer hoops (tinted clear over polished aluminum) and matte black centers.
      19x10 with 7.25" BS (1" outer hoop) and 275/35R19 Nitto NT05 (26.5" tall)
      20x12 with 4.875" BS (5.5" outer hoop) and 315/35R20 Nitto NT05 (28.5" tall)

Now all I have to do is rebuild the engine, the wheels were supposed to provide the motivation to pull the engine!!!
      marty-mj

Love the cantilever setup. Great job on all the body mods as well. Definitely one of the most unique 4th Gens I have seen in a while.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Current project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ect-53-Bel-Air

Killer car. Best early 4th gen I've seen. So the door and fender body work is all fiberglass? Do you have any pics to share with us of this body work in process? I'm very intrigued.

Thanks, yeah the door/fenders, nose, headlights, and lower part of the intake in the hood is all custom fiber glass work. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of that process. My dad and I did all that work about 14 years ago.
      "Step Brothers"
      -Luca Z

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com