Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: Canada
      injectors spacers showed up yesterday and i got them swapped into the intake, all in all pretty easy.
      Name:  fuel injector adapter.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  178.1 KB

took the fuel rail off the intake, just 4 bolts holding it on. and then pull the injectors out of the intake.
      Name:  removing the fuel rail.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  343.3 KB

then take the clips off all the stock truck injectors, this is easy I just pulled them off by hand.
      Name:  fuel injector clip on.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  226.4 KB
      Name:  fuel injector clip off.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  266.7 KB

Once they are out and the fuel rail doesn't have any injectors in it i dumped all the old gas out, they were still really full from who knows how long ago.
      Name:  Empty Fuel Rail .jpg
Views: 659
Size:  345.0 KB

once emptied i lubed up the O-ring of the injector spacer with a little bit or engine oil and and pushed them into the fuel rail, this was a little hard at times but they went in by hand.
      Name:  Oil on fuel injecor spacer o rings.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  326.8 KB
      Name:  fuel injector adapter installed.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  291.0 KB

once all the adapters were installed, i lubed the upper O-ring of the LSA injectors and put them in, and now it is ready to go back in the intake. The ICT kit comes with new o-rings for the bottom of the injectors that seal into the intake, but i found that they were a lot looser than just the stock O-rings on the LSA injectors so i just left the stock ones on. lubed them with some oil before setting into the intake as well. i looked when they were installed and they were all tight and the o-rings weren't warped or anything

Lined up all the injectors in their respective holes and pushed the fuel rail and injectors into the intake as one unit on both sides.
      Name:  fuel injectors all installed.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  406.6 KB

once they were pushed in i set the spacer between the rail and intake that comes with the kit and then reinstalled the intake and it is ready for some fuel!
      Name:  fuel rail spacer .jpg
Views: 638
Size:  302.3 KB

Just waiting on my welder to get home so he can weld the BOV/wastegate flange, an intercooler pipe and the drain fitting in the front engine cover. I'll install them all once that happens, run the vacuum lines and oil drain line then it is ready for some terminator x action.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com