Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
      What do you mean by full quarters? They sell them on most Pontiac site but they are repros, often of poor quality, if we are speaking the same thing by "full quarters". Most is foreign stuff, and varies from panel to panel. The Dynacorn stuff is pretty bad too, not sure where it is made. In talking with a few bodywork guys about my project, they say rusty beat up original panels can be cheaper than the repro stuff today. I'm lucky, I bought my full quarters in 1982 and never got them installed, and I think I might finally get around to the car now so I can use them. I guess that makes them NOS now! I only hope they didn't rust sitting in the garage attic, or maybe I will sell them and retire to a Pacific island somewhere. I kid, I'm not selling, if it is the last thing I do on life, it will be to finish my car.

I would however like better fenders, but the same applies there. I have seen fenders worse than mine with 15" inch rust holes in them going for $800 a piece in swap meets, about twice a new repro goes for.

Anyway, nice project you have going. I am following your tread to hopefully avoid any pitfalls with my '67 Goat restomod (not pro mod) project, which is still a few years away from assembly. My GTO life stalled when I had kids, and med school graduation is only a few short years away!
      The aftermarket has a crappy repop of a 66' quarter panel that need lots of work out of the box. Theyre not the same as a 67'. The rear 12" section is different. A good rust free NOS 67' GTO full 1/4 can go for north of $2K/piece

-Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Country Flag: United States
      "Full-quarter" meaning goes up the pillar and around to the rear window, trunk jam channel, and i think door striker section too. All that is available now is junk skins.
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

WILWOOD, FORGELINE, RIDETECH

Quote Originally Posted by 67goatman455 View Post
      Well first off, after burning through my first loan already, and having one more $5k loan left, It's really starting to set in that im completely screwed on getting this car together with $10k. One of the big killers is that i dont want to settle for crappy suspension and the rest of the ride-tech stuff i haven't bought yet is $3k just by itself.

Anyways, this is what signified the end of my first loan, and the first new parts i have bought for the car, everything until these have been used. ABC solid body mounts... $400 freaking dollars....and you wont even see them.....not very happy about it, but its not exactly something you can buy used.

You're making good progress. Just one question: Why not just use Poly which is a nice compromise between rubber and solid? That would've saved a couple hundred bucks when you're trying to maintain a budget. Also I'm sure you are aware of the ride comfort of solid bushings and a full frame car.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      You're making good progress. Just one question: Why not just use Poly which is a nice compromise between rubber and solid? That would've saved a couple hundred bucks when you're trying to maintain a budget. Also I'm sure you are aware of the ride comfort of solid bushings and a full frame car.
      because im putting a cage in the car.
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

Got it
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I like your build, dont worry about the loan. . . built it right once. if you cant afford to finish it yet just wait

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      Got it
      Sorry, hopefully that wasn't rude. i didn't know what else to comment with.

Ok, had to wait for my regular bank account to gain life again so i could get a welding bottle. But got the wheel tub widened and welded back in.

67 GTO, LS2, T56

decided to give myself some motivation today.

big block chevelle stands, cant recall the motor mounts, and the adapters are edelbrock. 2" between the back of the block and firewall.

67 GTO, LS2, T56

Been a while since i updated. lets see....

Other wheel tub finished

moved the engine back 3.5" required flipping the frame stands, and moved the motor plate back on the drivers side to the other 2 locations on the block. The passenger side only had a 5th hole.... so after talking to GFORCE1320 (they are local to me) they came up with modifying the adapter plate easily to still use the regular 4 holes on the passenger side.

Before flipping the mounts i cut a hole in the firewall

Welded on the frame repair washers. they were rusted through.

67 GTO, LS2, T56

A little more progress. I'm working on buying a house so i'm wanting the transmission supported for the ride to the new house, which im hoping for before thanksgiving.

So onto the frame bracing. 1.5"x.095 1020 DOM - NASA Legal :D

67 GTO, LS2, T56

Great thread, cool build.... Subscribed!

are you going to powder coat the frame ? or paint it

what i want to do,and what will happen may be 2 different things. we will see haha
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

where did you get those tube at,are they pre made or did you bend them?im looking for these for the chevelle.

[/QUOTE]
      72 chevelle.

i made them, well....my buddy did. You can take a look at HPI for a frame brace kit but don't hold your breath, after hounding them for a few months i gave up and made my own.

Edit: i see you have a 72'. they should have kits in stock already.
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

Got the x-member built some what. My plan is to be moving at the end of the month so im trying to just get the transmission supported.

67 GTO, LS2, T56

Fuel cell cage is mostly done. The idea is there so far at least. Kind of wondering how it will come into play with a possible watts link Not sure if a Fays-2 will still work with the coil-overs

67 GTO, LS2, T56

I made a watts link like fays2,one thing to keep in mind is running the exahust out the back,i have afco rear pro touring shocks with lowered springs and with the bracket that mounts on the driver side of the axle tube i dont really see how its going to clear every thing.so id say get the watts in there before you set the cell in because it gets really tight bach there with the watts.
      72 chevelle.

yea thats why i dont want to mount the cell yet. ill be running exhaust out the side so thats no big deal, but im not 100% sure where ill land the watts link yet.
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

I love it, it's like a Pontiac version of my car. Keep it up!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com