Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      With OUSCI approaching quickly it's time for some upgrades and detailing. Got a set of fuel rail covers to hide all the wires for the FAST EFI. Looks much cleaner, now for a trip to the bone yard for the oil fill neck. I will also finally make a mount for the XIM box, install trans cooler with fan to compliment the Derale pan, and an oil accumulator. Not sure if the accumulator is needed but want the insurance on the road course. May also relocate the optima yellow top to the trunk. I have a kit to do this but not sure if I want to risk any electrical gremlins.

Located the accumulator behind the front bumper. This is plumbed to the oil filter housing. Trans cooler is in front of the left front tire. Since I added weight to the front I will move the battery to the trunk. Hopefully I there are no leaks once I fire it up.

Just read the entire build thread. Awesome! Great work.

Also, I just saw it in Car Craft! (p65, Dec 2012 Issue if you haven't seen it yet)

It was great meeting you at LS Fest, Dan! I know you'll be at optima, but will you be at the SEMA show that week? If so I'll keep an eye open for you.
      Joe Hinds

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgMusclecars View Post
      It was great meeting you at LS Fest, Dan! I know you'll be at optima, but will you be at the SEMA show that week? If so I'll keep an eye open for you.
      We'll be at SEMA all week. Car needs to be there Monday the 29 for the optima display. I'll send you a pm with my cell number. Wait, maybe you want that eye open so you can avoid me. LOL

My wonderful wife had some shirts made for SEMA and OUSCI. She did this with the marketing director at her work. They are sweet, almost as much as my wife.

Install a set of engine covers. Helps hide the maze of wires. Used polished stainless and added a vinyl graphic to cover the Corvette logo. $8.00 for this little trick.

Same sign shop made this display board.

January Car Craft has coverage of the Real Street Eliminator from the Summer Nationals in St. Paul.

Congrats! Looking good as usual.

Woot woot! I saw that in the mag and said, hey I know that guy! ;) Some day you'll have to autograph my fan shroud, lol! Congrats.
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Woot woot! I saw that in the mag and said, hey I know that guy! ;) Some day you'll have to autograph my fan shroud, lol! Congrats.
      We'll be down in mid February. I'll bring a sharpie. lol

Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      We'll be down in mid February. I'll bring a sharpie. lol
      No need, I've got one already ready to go. ;) You bringing the Monte? (the correct answer here would be "Yes!")
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      No need, I've got one already ready to go. ;) You bringing the Monte? (the correct answer here would be "Yes!")
      Yes, will be bringing the Monte. Depending on the weather I may trailer to a friends in Kentucky and then continue to Florida. We will be stopping on the way through.

I read somewhere in this thread that you were considering Spiral Flow Mufflers? I couldn't find confirmation of that, but that's what it looked like from your pictures. Just a heads-up on those, there are a lot of cases of guys losing big horsepower with those mufflers versus something more conventional. You may want to look into getting something different.

That being said, this car is phenomenal, I only hope my Monte performs even half as well when I'm all done with it.

-matt

Quote Originally Posted by monteboy84 View Post
      I read somewhere in this thread that you were considering Spiral Flow Mufflers? I couldn't find confirmation of that, but that's what it looked like from your pictures. Just a heads-up on those, there are a lot of cases of guys losing big horsepower with those mufflers versus something more conventional. You may want to look into getting something different.

That being said, this car is phenomenal, I only hope my Monte performs even half as well when I'm all done with it.

-matt
      I did use the Moroso mufflers. I haven't heard about the power loss but they sound great. May need to do some investigating.

Thanks for the compliment.

The Monte made the cover of January Popular Hot Rodding. This is the 3rd time it's made its way in a national publication. Must have done something right. Josh is on cloud 23, way above 9, and he has the right to be with the paint job he did.

First winter update is almost complete. I need to order a toggle switch to match the other two, this one will activate the paddle shifters, the reassemble the lower dash. Can't wait to try these.

Grant wheel, hub adaptor, and TCI paddle shifter kit.

Stock wheel

New Grant wheel with Bowtie horn button

Paddle shifters are very easy to reach without stretching for them. Should be the cats a..!

I didnt realize this was an automatic. Where you manually shifting with your previous shifter (looks like maybe a B&M Megashifter)? ..Or did you just leave it in drive and let it shift itself?
      Justin Snow

Tranny is a 4L60e with a TCI 3200 stall and TCU. Shifter is an B&M Megeshifter that was in the car with the 200R4.

On the auto cross I would start in 1st then shift to 2nd and leave it. The TCI TCU will not allow the tranny to down shift to first when lock in second gear. Likewise when starting with the shifter in second gear it also locks out first. This is use to control wheel spin like the factory PCM. With the new paddle shifters a toggle switch will activate them and the tranny will stay in that gear until its told to shift or you come to a complete stop which will put it into first. Should allow quicker exits on a tight autocross cross allowing for a 2-1-2 shift without removing my hands from the wheel. Plus it has wow factor.

One day all this will be replaced with a manual, unless this combo proves to be bulletproof. I have had zero heat issues with the auto and it does perform very well with very firm shifts and great response.

Received my headers back from Performance Coatings today. Went with the black ceramic finish. They look great and look forward to the cooler underhood temps. Didn't have time to do this last spring since fabbing up the headers was one of the last hurdles I had to get it on the road.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com