Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Boats and Cones

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Boats and Cones

I've been trolling around on the forum looking all of your projects for a few years. I going to attempt to document one of my build here it's a 1967 Pontiac Tempest custom. I have had a few cool cars in the past and still have more than I really need today. Been a gear hear for as long as I can remember just been into the V8s ,fast ,low cars that have a rumble or wicked sounding exhuast. I've been telling myself and my buddies I need to get out on the track & drop the hammer on my cars. Just never had the chance or the motivation on race day. Ran a class at the Boundurant school of driving in Az. Loved it. Wanted more. I've done my share of drag racing on both sides of the law all in the past. When I was younger never had the time military had me deployed most of my career. All these projects in the making have definitely given me motivation to keep working on mine. Thank you for that. So bare with me first time I doing the forum write up thing. So a little bit more on the car. It's a 1967 Pontiac Tempest custom, whatever the custom part equates to I haven't figured out just yet. When I bought it was on a trailer no running dusty, dirty, and not running. I bought the car at a gas station in Niland California. If you know where that is you are probably going to ask why was I there. At the time I was working at the railroad, filling up the company truck. As us car guys do when we see a cool car and a owner close enough to ask, I hit him the questions about the car and the story behind it. Ends up that it belonged to him and his X wife and it was sitting in her front yard for way too long. She needed to get rid of it, and said he loved the car and couldn't see it get crushed, so he picked it up in Arizona. He also said he didn't have a use for it or any ideas on what to do with it. I asked him if he was willing to sell it. Well I now own a 1967 Pontiac tempest custom. It had a 400/400 engine trans combo in it. So I did all the TLC stuff to it to get it running, everything was good to go. So I ended up getting dropped spindles, right stuff disc brakes on all 4 aftermarket springs and UMI control arm for the 4 link in the rear. The more and more I started upgrading small stuff I found this site and was disappointed I had put the time and money into parts I really didn't want anymore because I didn't know that there was so much cooler aftermarket stuff for them& people actually run them on tracks and short race courses. Well that put a pause on things until I can figure out what I really want to do with this thing. Planis to make it a daily driver, with as much handling upgrades to run this big boat through a auto X course and be happy with the results. I will let you in on the planned up grade tomorrow.
      Name:  20200215_115532.jpeg
Views: 689
Size:  73.7 KBName:  20200610_140241.jpeg
Views: 691
Size:  78.7 KBName:  20190721_153840.jpeg
Views: 683
Size:  90.6 KBName:  IMG_7765.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  177.5 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com