Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Zf 8hp70 mated to sbc

I just finished swapping a 8 speed auto from a dodge ram into my 67 chevelle.
      I'm posting this only to offer anyone interested in doing this any help / advice based on what I did to make it work.
      it's really not too bad, I decided to rip the existing controller out of the tranny and used an external one.
      other than that I used an ati adapter plate and 153 tooth gm flex plate to mate it up.
      I am currently manually shifting using two buttons, shift up and shift down. I'll be adding auto mode someday however manual mode is really what I was after,
      I actually only lock up the converter after 8th so it feels like a 9 speed.
      it's basically the same as the hellcat tranny, I shift in under 200 ms and it barks the tires in every gear.
      there's probably better trannys to use but I've tried 2sp, 3sp,4sp od, and a t56. This 8 spd kills them all
      Again, I'm only posting to help others interested in doing this, it took me a lot of searching to find the info so I'd be happy to help anyone save some time do this.
      A

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com