Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: Australia
      Not a lot done over the weekend as I went and saw the Foo Fighters in Sydney. Awesome as always!!

I did get the rear tank mount made though yesterday afternoon after getting home.

I need to do another for the mid support and front mount. The front mount as you can see here will also incorporate the exhaust mount.

The tank is now happily sitting inside the chassis rails with clearance top and bottom. The filler neck is just going to need a sharp elbow to come out and around.

Country Flag: United States
      Watching this one. You're building a version of my fantasy "stealthy lo-buck" hotrod. My wife had an A4 Avant Quattro for a bit with the 1.8T and 5spd. What a hoot to beat on, and I've often built in my head various '60's and '70's compacts on an Audi chassis and drive train. Carry on, sir! Enjoying this thread.

Thanks, Scrubby!
      I really like the look of the A4 Avants. I was pointing a nice one out the wife not long ago saying she should get one. But she asked if I was buying it for her....

Loaded up, ready to see the engineer tomorrow.
      I weighed it in the process and it's currently 1040kg.

Good luck! We are all rooting for you.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I hope it goes smooth for you.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
      I never realized how far those engine hung in front of the front tires

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Good luck! We are all rooting for you.
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      I hope it goes smooth for you.
      Thanks, guys!

Am back home now and after an hour and a half or so talking to the engineer, I got the thumbs up for my design and work. He likes where it is going and I'm free to continue on. I'm stoked to say the least. Had a smile on my face the whole way home. I had heads turning everywhere to get a look at what the hell it was on the my trailer.

Next step is to cut down the front of the frame rails and start fitting up the F1 parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Buryingthesun View Post
      I never realized how far those engine hung in front of the front tires
      It sure is a long way forward. I think the back end is going to be light to drive with. I'm glad it is all wheel drive so the front wheels can pull the rear ones in the direction they should be going.

I'll be honest with ya, I wasn't worried about you getting the thumbs up. We've all seen questionable home builds. This ain't one of em.

Do have a thought for mounting your radiator in back. It would be cool (literally) if some of the plumbing was aluminum tubing with some fins welded to them for some extra heat dissipation. Not that it gets hot where you're at or anything, but wouldn't hurt.
      Anxious to see some old sheet metal on there.

Cheers, very much appreciated!

I had brought some beaded ended aluminium piping before but I'd need to look into what lengths are available. I'd probably prefer that over stainless. But it will be made from either of the two. Adding some fins would not be a hard thing to do. It really is going to be a trial and error thing as it goes to see what works best. Knowing me though I'll get this built in winter and discover the problems in summer and then have to redo it.

Me too, shouldn't be long now until it's looking like an old truck.

Congratulations on the engineer approval. Great work.

Thanks, Bill!

Great News!!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

I've had this on and off 100 times trimming here and there to get it into position. I've had to take out a whole more more original Henry steel than I first thought but it will work. I'm going to have to step the grill and headlight buckets forward a little, maybe 50mm, but they will still be in place.

Well, the good news is you'll have a hell of a lot of under dash room for AC & electronics.

I know you weren't intending on doing much of any metal work to the body , but Slitting the front from top to bottom just in front of the wheel opening & adding about a 6" (150 mm) strip of 18 gauge sheet metal would correct the wheel opening for cosmetics & turning & give room up front. Or move the wheel opening.

To say I'm excited is an understatement! Everything is just sitting in place and supported by the blocks of timber. But it's all in roughly the correct position. And this is without chopping anything out of the cab floor. I can't believe it, I thought I would have to chop the hell out of it. The wheels are lining up where I want them to, they're sitting neatly in the wheel arches. The bottoms of the fenders will flare out more was they are mounted correctly giving a little more room under the wheel arch but I think once that is done everything is going to clear well.
      Fitting the twin intercoolers in is going to be interesting. But I'll work it out. But best of all I think the steering column is going to fit in length wise well too.
      Lots of work to do but it's so good to see it actually looking like a truck now.

Real estate for the radiator has become tighter but I think it'll still work out.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      Well, the good news is you'll have a hell of a lot of under dash room for AC & electronics.

I know you weren't intending on doing much of any metal work to the body , but Slitting the front from top to bottom just in front of the wheel opening & adding about a 6" (150 mm) strip of 18 gauge sheet metal would correct the wheel opening for cosmetics & turning & give room up front. Or move the wheel opening.
      There's so much room for all that gear to fit, I don't think I'm going to have a problem there as there is a lot of stuff to find homes for.

Do you mean pushing the fenders out more? I think at the moment it is deceptive as the fenders are hanging under their own weight and not sitting correctly. Once mounted and supported, I'm pretty sure I'll have all the clearance I need.

Country Flag: France
      I just love to see how fast you got back at it after the engineer gave you the thumbs up !
      Shows your enthousiasm...

Outstanding job, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNo View Post
      I just love to see how fast you got back at it after the engineer gave you the thumbs up !
      Shows your enthousiasm...

Outstanding job, sir.
      Thanks, NoNo! I'm happy to get back into it. The previous two weeks were in a bit of a limbo waiting to speak to the engineer. Felt great to rip into it today with the grinder and plasma.

WOW! Looks good!!! Glad you arent having to as much cutting as expected...One of these days my plan is to do a swap but not to this extreme. More like a F100 to Dakota change over. Its great seeing all the hard work going into this. Keep it up

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com