Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 70 Formula 535

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      Got the car ready to haul to the chassis shop next week. I'll have him tack in the tunnel hump so that I can remove the engine and transmission before the car goes to the body/paint shop. What size hole should I have him cut for the shifter?

I'll also have the cross bar and a couple triangulating pieces installed. One area I'm fairly certain about will be short pieces that connect the vertical section of the roll bar to the subframe connector behind the front seat. I'm less certain about whether to have some low door bars installed. They'll help keep things stiff and I'd have them done low enough so that they won't interfere with me getting into or out of the car, but not great aesthetically and I'm sure will create headaches when it comes time to do the interior. Thoughts?

Also wondering if we missed something when we installed the Quadralink spring pocket brackets, since the nut for the lower link is not accessible through hole the frame rail. Easy enough to make the hole bigger, but it seems odd it's so far off, which made me wonder if we goofed somehow. Has anyone else run into this?

Name:  IMG_7906.jpg
Views: 2062
Size:  9.9 KBName:  IMG_7907.jpg
Views: 2026
Size:  13.2 KB