Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      just a small update guys. the shop where I do my work has moved to a bigger, better building in a better location, so I lost like 4-5 months of work time. the car has been ready for paint like 4 months ago. i'm now dismantling the daily driven mustang and keeping the parts that I plan on using. the goodies I don't plan on using that I have taken off so far have been posted to Craigslist Orlando. just search my name "Jefferson" if you want to check it out.

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend...

MY BUILD https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ra-1-Contender

well guys, it's been a while, but I have a small update. I finally got the final paint sprayed on the body, deck lid, sail panels, door handles and gas door. in-seen in the pics, I have installed the modified MACH sub box, door handles, door seals, deck lid and all key cylinders. I just started installing the carpet today. more pics to come soon...

this paint is soooo bright, that you can't look at it while the sun is out!....unless you have shades.

small update part 2, just some of the details...

the gas cap area was kinda bland for liking, so I put a little contrast on it. I think it pulls it off, yet not too overbearing.

next, I was working on the mid bass subs in the floor and it was a challenge. it's very hard to provide protection with a grill, line up mounting holes of 3 items through carpet while not being able to see your pre-drilled holes in the body. lining up any 2 of the 3 parts was easy to mount, once you try to add the 3rd part, it was fighting. i'm gonna try some screws that are like 1/2" longer to see if it's that simple of a fix.

my seating arrangements are handled by Corbeau in the closest I could get New Ford Blue. I also bought some extra material from Corbeau to color match my rear seats.

and finally, another crown jewel IMO, is my re-wrapped factory steering wheel. I sent it to Craft Customs in Mesquite Texas, where they masterfully wrapped my wheel in Alcantara and Ford Blue baseball stitches. this thing is done so well, you would think it was OEM! i'm very happy with the quality of my wheel. also not pictured, I have an Alcantara head liner from TMI.

what's up G-machine'ers, just a small update.

Allot has happened, but most of it wasn't meaningful enough to catalog and post here. Stuff like laying the carpet down, installing the Alcantara headliner and installing interior panels, but here are the milestones.

first I installed all the rear panels, seats, rear deck cover and rear head rest. then I installed the dash which fought me a little since I have double firewall jute installed.

after that I had a new windshield and heated back glass which I then had tinted like 15% hey the summers in Florida are very bright as you can imagine.

this pic sucks, but I installed my amps on the rear seat backs. originally I was gonna recess the amps in the seat backs, but there wasn't enough room to make that practical, so I did it the old way.

that's when disaster struck... while I had the all of the harnesses out of the car I re-wrapped them with fresh electric tape. before putting the dash and body harness in I thought it would be a good idea to wire in a aftermarket car alarm with proximity sensors. good initiative, bad judgement! I should have at least laid the harnesses in the car and powered them BEFORE trying to wire in a car alarm. doing it on a bench cause me to fry both door harnesses, the dome light circuit, the trunk light circuit, the keyless entry module, the warning chime. i'm lucky it didn't burn the car down. after about a week of repairing burnt wires and diagnosing the faults in the harness, I still couldn't find all of the issues, so I ripped everything out and got another 95GT harness. that was a $500 mistake...

after putting the new harness in and all the interior in again, I powered the car and properly wired in the car alarm. everything works and all alarm functions except remote start. I wanted to have remote start, but i can live without it...

and that's where i'm at now. the next update should be a sweet one. in about a week i should have my Ford Racing all aluminum 427 bottom-end, my hydro-dipped interior pieces and double DIN radio. i hope you enjoy...

So here it is!!! the mighty all aluminum Ford Racing 427 bottom-end. machined and assembled by Ford and shipped to me. I've been doing allot of research on the top-end and calling the best to answer my questions. from Nelson racing engines to trickflow to TEA, I've picked their brains for the route to go for the WHP goals I have.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantyeatr/media/aluminum%20427%202.jpg.html]

then a few of my body kit parts were painted to get the rear of the car to look finished. the front clip will be done once I get closer to needing it.

I don't have my parts from the hydro-dippers yet. they promised me I would have them today. that and the top end will be next to post. I'm also looking to buy a house within the next 30 days, so I don't know how much that will slow me down with my car, but I'll keep you guys posted.

WOW..... Im not personally crazy about all the ford blue but the execution of it all is amazing looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndroundko View Post
      WOW..... Im not personally crazy about all the ford blue but the execution of it all is amazing looking forward to seeing the finished project.
      thank you. yes the blue isn't everybody's taste, but that's the spice of life us all being different in taste. besides some engine components, there won't be much more blue used. I really don't want to over-do it.

I like the blue, reminds me of the red interiors these came with. I imagine the blue will flow into the door panels and console?
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by PANTYEATR View Post
      So here it is!!! the mighty all aluminum Ford Racing 427 bottom-end. machined and assembled by Ford and shipped to me. I've been doing allot of research on the top-end and calling the best to answer my questions. from Nelson racing engines to trickflow to TEA, I've picked their brains for the route to go for the WHP goals I have.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pantyeatr/media/aluminum%20427%202.jpg.html]

then a few of my body kit parts were painted to get the rear of the car to look finished. the front clip will be done once I get closer to needing it.

I don't have my parts from the hydro-dippers yet. they promised me I would have them today. that and the top end will be next to post. I'm also looking to buy a house within the next 30 days, so I don't know how much that will slow me down with my car, but I'll keep you guys posted.
      GREAT BUILD!

Have you tried Ron over at Fox lake Or Ed Curtis at FTI for your top end needs? the two of them have always been my first call on SBF builds.
      1967 Cougar XR7, DSE, Sbf, TKO600. PM me about wheel tool rental

Mr. Pantyeatr, I have to tell you that except for a few aesthetic differences, you are building my dream car.
      I am currently building the version of that car that I can afford (no all aluminum 408 for me) and you are an inspiration. Well done and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      I like the blue, reminds me of the red interiors these came with. I imagine the blue will flow into the door panels and console?
      thank you Z06 Killer, yes a small portion of the center console will be blue and it will flow onto the door panels.

thank you 67Cougnut.

I'm not familiar with Fox Lake or FTI. I did speak to Mark at Bullet cams and Nelson racing engines lead engine builder, Greg at Total Engine Airflow and a few others, just to see if the info was remotely the same. I have a cam and head combo I'm going with now, I hope it does what I want it to do...

thanks you Dash Jackson,

I'm very happy I have a chance to build the car of both of our dreams. that's an aluminum 427. my badges that say 6.7 HO were made before I was convinced to go bigger since it wouldn't cost any more than the 408 I was originally gonna go with. I'll get some new billet badges made later with the correct displacement.

I'm honored to have inspired you with your build. 95RioSnake inspired my build, even tho I started my build before I seen his. because of his build, I wanted to take some things a step further.

thanks again

I have a very small update guys...

so, I installed a high volume Precision oil pump from Precision oil pumps. com. they get the pumps in lots of 10, take them all apart, match the best fitting parts together and assemble the best possible pump. before building the pump, they measure all of the clearances, de-burr and coat the rotor in a Moly coating like on piston skirts. then they torque and safety wire it closed. very good pumps. I bolted the pump down with ARP pump bolts.

then I installed some ARP oil pan studs.

I have the timing cover and water pump from Ford racing along with the recommended oil pan from them. I can't install them until my cam comes in from Bullet Racing Cams which will come in about 3 weeks. I de-burred the water pump and timing cover and set it aside. I have a billet timing set that's 9 way adjustable. I have a bronze cam retainer with Torrington bearing and a Rockwell hardened oil pump drive also from Precision Oil Pumps.

I finally got my interior parts from the hydro-dippers and that real carbon look is amazing! you can actually see the texture of the treads in it! i'll get pics of everything once my cam comes in...

Great execution and results. Coming together nicely, the engine block looks like aluminum art !! Best of luck going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossed View Post
      Great execution and results. Coming together nicely, the engine block looks like aluminum art !! Best of luck going forward.
      thank you so much Bossed. I have more pics and updates, but I want to wait until I get my heads. then it will be more of a complete update.

it's been a little while since my last post which is unfortunate, but I was waiting on parts to get painted and they still aren't painted. when they are painted the interior will be finished minus a radio and a rear defroster button which turned up missing somehow. so I directed my attention back to the engine...

I called Mark at Bullet cams, got a cam recommendation and had them custom build it for what I wanted the engine to do.

I carefully lubed the cam and installed it.

once I got the cam in and the bronze Torrington bearing retainer on (which can be seen in earlier pics) I installed this adjustable billet steel timing set that's 9 way adjustable. torqued on by a ARP cam bolt

then I started to degree the cam according to Mark's instructions and it's dead on.

some of you may know how crazy the bolt sizes are for the water pump/timing cover on the 95 mustang, so I ordered these polished stainless ARP bolts in the correct sizes needed. in a stock block 302 where the bolts go into the water jacket, you don't have to worry about these rusting or breaking in the block when trying to remove them.

then I installed a Ford racing 7 quart oil pan. the rumor is this pan is made by Champs pans, but iwasn't sure, so I got it from Ford directly.

and the last piece to go on is the ATI super dampener. this is my first one and it is a very nice piece. I also installed a billet aluminum ATI adjustable timing pointer, but I don't know if I have any pics of it, if not i'll get some for you.

so that's it, these pics are a few months old since I was also busy buying my first home. I should be getting some heads soon and keep pushing ahead on this project. until then guys...

Just read through all the pages, great job on that car. I agree 100% the Saleen SN95's are beautiful, well done. Can't wait to see the finished product!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Just read through all the pages, great job on that car. I agree 100% the Saleen SN95's are beautiful, well done. Can't wait to see the finished product!
      Ryeguy2006a thank you so much. I hope you enjoyed the read. stick around and i'll get it done as fast as I can.

What camshaft specs did you end up with? What kind of power are you looking to make? Very nice build.
      1986 Saleen, Aluminum block 408W, T56, Full Griggs Racing supension

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com