Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 64
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States
      Right on Patrick! Looking forward to the progress updates from the body shop.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

    2. #42
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice!!! Definitely keep us updated on the progress!!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, things continue to move along nicely. I recently received my Ron Sutton modded JRI shocks, the Wilwood brakes, and after some deliberation (thanks Ron and Jay@Speedtech) the floater 9" is on order. Kelly, my wife, continues to be on board with me pushing hard to get this done over the next few months which has caused me to consider a move to a LS3 over the current LS1. I'd love to get the car back as a Christmas present but I see Jan/Feb being the real date as there is so much left to do. A few pics below with the car still getting the body work done. Frankly, there isn't much left of the original sheet metal but the numbers lean towards this being the cheaper route over a new body. Next up is Ron's suspension class in Texas. I am really looking forward to this as Ron is a wealth of knowledge and should allow me to get the car dialed in before next season. I will say this, if you are on the fence about attending just call Ron and pick his brain for a few minutes and it'll be clear he has a LOT to offer.








    4. #44
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Between waiting for parts and work being quite busy I've been in a bit of a holding pattern. However, since my last post the new Speedtech subframe, 9", PSI LS3 harness, and wheels are now in (the wheels arriving minutes ago!). On Monday I'll get the Rival S tires mounted and over to the body shop for fitting. Next week should also see the ordering of the springs and sways now that Ron and I have gone over a few final details. Hoping that the car can be done by mid March so I can get some shake down time in it before the season kicks off but am concerned I could be off by 2-4 weeks. No time for pics of the subframe though I managed a quick one of the Forgeline GA3R wheels.


    5. #45
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      I wrapped up work early today so headed over to the RestoMod Store to see how things were coming along and was happily surprised to see the car being rolled in to the booth for the 2nd coat of primer. It should be in for color after the World of Wheels is over mid February. Also, I've decided on the LS3 480hp crate engine and need to call Speedtech for headers before their first batch is sold out. Tons to do before the season kicks off but progress is ramping up.





    6. #46
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Location
      Sacramento, CA
      Posts
      1,918
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good!

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States
      Heck yeah!! Nice progress...
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome!! Can't wait to see it. What color did you decide on?
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Torch red with the late 68 stripe...the one that starts on the header panel then goes down the side of the car ending in a point on the door. Like this one:

      http://www.scottlewisonline.com/imag...peed_red_1.jpg

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      That's gonna be sweet!!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      More parts have rolled in as we inch closer to completion: LS3 480hp, Ultimate headers (look like they are really going to work out), clutch assembly, alternator, PS pump, rear sway bar, and Tanks inc assembly. I sold my LS1 and PSI computer/harness to Brad. The trans is out getting a run through to be sure all is well though I am not expecting any surprises since it drove well. I'll drop all these parts off tomorrow and see if they've had a chance to start painting the car. When I stopped in early last week the last of the body work was completed and they mentioned it should be in paint the following week. I'll post pics then.

      So ready for this to be complete so I can begin putting down laps. For sure it will be different than the TA but, being a V8 rear drive car with a straight axle, it shouldn't be night and day...like say, switching out to an Abarth, lol.

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Get some pics when you stop in.... Looking forward to seeing it.... At the test n tune????
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States






      The trans comes back next week so the engine should be in a more permanent location soon. Did I mention, at this point, the waiting is killing me?

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States
      That Speedtech Extreme sub frame is drool worthy...can't wait to see it in person Patrick.

      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car


    15. #55
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mizzouri View Post
      I'm not shy so there will be a section detailing my expenses along this projected 3 year journey. So stay tuned and feel free to offer respectful opinion and thought.
      From your original post in this thread...you were just about nutz on with your 3 year journey projection.

      Good luck with the finishing touches! Can't wait to wheel this thing around a course or two!!
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

    16. #56
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Took these last Friday. Engine and trans are in with wiring currently in progress....





    17. #57
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      It seems I have been slacking on updating my progress. Within a few weeks of being complete.







      The red steering wheel has been on there just to move the car around in the shop, fyi...


    18. #58
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Location
      Sacramento, CA
      Posts
      1,918
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Patrick ! Cool your car is almost done.

      Can't wait to see another Speedtech ExtReme clip with my setup on track. I think yours will officially be the 2nd customer car on track. Mike Cuthbertson already won with his. So with your experience, I know you'll do well too.

      See you at at Las Vegas Workshop !

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Alright, here the Camaro sits at the Kansas City World of Wheels this weekend. Comes home on Monday!!!







    20. #60
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Location
      Sacramento, CA
      Posts
      1,918
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mizzouri View Post
      Alright, here the Camaro sits at the Kansas City World of Wheels this weekend. Comes home on Monday!!!
      Yeah, yeah. But when is it's first Autocross ?????


    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com