Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 64
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow! Time goes by fast when life gets in the way. I recently decided on a Griffon radiator in lieu of the one from the Z28 to make the overall install a little cleaner and easier on me. This one was a no brainer with the price of $250 and free shipping from Summit, not to mention it's designed for a LS1 swap in to a first gen! Since I had a little time this afternoon I decided to head to the parts store to look for some radiator hoses. The guys at the O'reilly's south store in Blue Springs took care of me and helped me find what I needed. The lower hose is a Gates #21612 and the upper hose is a MasterPro #20820. Took a little trimming to make it work out right:

      Attached Images Attached Images  


    2. #22
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      1,387
      Country Flag: United States
      HEY GOOD LUCK WITH THE BUILD.... you got a nice project on hand! From a fellow missourian! What part of missouri are you from if you don't mind me asking??
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

      1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo


      Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

      Randal F

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rfalker1 View Post
      HEY GOOD LUCK WITH THE BUILD.... you got a nice project on hand! From a fellow missourian! What part of missouri are you from if you don't mind me asking??

      In the KC metro area. I'm right along I-70 about 15 minutes east of the stadium. Gonna run to Hot Rod Express this morning and see about the fuel injection fittings and lines. Getting closer to firing it up.

      On a side note, I'm still on the fence about how to route my power steering lines but after playing around with a few different possibilities I think I've got it sorted out. If anyone has pics of how they ran theirs I'd appreciate that.

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Lethbridge, AB
      Posts
      177
      Country Flag: Canada
      The rims on the 68 camaro - what are they? I love them!
      Build Thread!!!https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?88692-1971-Speedipus-Rex&p=925864&posted=1#post925864

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dangina View Post
      The rims on the 68 camaro - what are they? I love them!

      LOL! They came with the car. I'm sure they'll be available for purchase once I get different wheels.......I even have a couple spares I'll throw in.

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, with the government shutdown that's been going on for a short while I've been making good use of my time to work on the car (and watch the Cards play!) and as of 1800 IT LIVES!!!!!

      I've got to trim the fans for the radiator and either make brackets or buy some to fit before I let it run for more than 20 seconds. Along with that I need make a decision about staying with the 8.2" rear or upgrading before I get my driveshaft shortened. I have to admit I am inclined to stay with the 8.2 since there is no local drag strip and after doing some digging it seems the 8.2 can handle some abuse once some parts are thrown at it to make it stronger. Someone shout out if I am seriously deluded here. At any rate, I'll get a video up here in the near future once I tidy a few things up. WOOOOHOOOOO!

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Been a while since I've updated the thread and with a bit of free time today I'll add to it:

      Found a guy on Craigslist selling new Goodmark RS fenders and full quarters at a price that was too good to pass up. For some reason he decided he wanted NOS, which I found odd since his is going to be a drag car. After that I took my driveshaft to Inland Truck & Parts (big midwest chain) to have it chopped. Despite having researched how to measure it and going over it with the shop I still found that it was 1/2" too long (GRRR). Well the guys at Inland shorted it a second time for no additional charge and now it sits in its proper place. While I was there I priced out the rebuild of my rear and after touring their large shop I was pretty well satisfied that their reputation around here is warranted. My friend Brad is now working on the fan shroud bracket and has the top section completed. Earlier today I ordered my air intake system from Summit. Ended up going with Spectre Performance part# 900238W, and at $219 shipped I am happy. Lastly, I got the clutch and brake pedals in and hooked up.

      Next up is to bleed the brakes and stop my high pressure line from leaking. I hope to work on these this weekend. I really want to be able to drive it around the block a bit to keep the motivation high. Still no video but I've been holding off til I get the intake system and fans knocked out.

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States
      Sweet!! I've been in that ITP shop and I agree, first class. Glad they helped out with the re-do too.

      It's even air conditioned in the summer time. I bet those guys love working there.

      Driving the car is good, helps the soul.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Shawnee, KS
      Posts
      290
      How's the car coming? Any progress?
      Shannon

      67 Camaro - Finally getting to BUILD it.

      Camaro Build -> HERE

      Our Drag boat blog and videos HERE

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Patrick...just read your build. Looks nice. Any updates?
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, it seems like forever since I updated this thread and I am happy to be back at it once more. To start with I spent the first part of last year knocking out remodelling projects for the wife. While that went well I then made a poor decision to go in with someone to rehab a house which was a no-brainer project as far as those things go. That was June and while things went south (long long story) on the project I am glad to report that the house closed yesterday and my $$$ is now back in the bank and I am ready to move forward once more.


      Hearing that Ron Sutton was working with Speedtech (I have some of their parts) on a new front subframe I reached out to him and after a long conversation with Ron I dropped cash on a downpayment for one which should be out in May. Along with the new subframe we worked out a complete package front and rear which should get me where I want to be handling and braking wise. Along with that I interviewed a body shop which seems to get the late model engine/trans in earlier cars deal. Also, I've made more progress on disassembling the car and pretty much all that is left is the drivetrain, gauges, and the wiring harness. The plan is to get the car off to the bodyshop in May and by mid June things should really be shaping up nicely. With the wife fully onboard I might even be able to get it wrapped by fall!? We'll see as that is pretty optimistic with my time as I really need to be focusing on autocrossing the TA against Lance and his ever-so-pesky Monte Carlo SS.


      Sorry for the no pic update though I hope to be rectifying that soon.

      And lastly, while I thought I had the color choice locked down I am going round and round on Red with late year black stripe, Le Mans blue late year black stripe, or black with dual white stripes.

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool man! I was going to ask you about this project and if you still had it. Also meant to ask about the 78 Camaro and what you ended up doing with it.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Shawnee, KS
      Posts
      290
      Great to hear you're back at it! Mind if I ask who you picked for the body work?
      Shannon

      67 Camaro - Finally getting to BUILD it.

      Camaro Build -> HERE

      Our Drag boat blog and videos HERE

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Location
      Sacramento, CA
      Posts
      1,918
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mizzouri View Post
      I really need to be focusing on autocrossing the TA against Lance and his ever-so-pesky Monte Carlo SS.



    15. #35
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States



      Glad to see you moving forward on the Camaro build finally Patrick, you couldn't have picked a better person to help you along with it than Ron.

      I just hope it provides you with plenty of distractions this summer... lol...
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by kevs79 View Post
      Cool man! I was going to ask you about this project and if you still had it. Also meant to ask about the 78 Camaro and what you ended up doing with it.
      The 78 disappeared when a friend offered me a deal I could not refuse on a 2000 FRC a few years back. By the way, are you going to be able to make it out to Topeka with us next weekend? It was awesome watching you run and you guys seemed to have smiles that went on for miles each time you got out of the car from the Test 'N Tune.




      Quote Originally Posted by 67CamNKC View Post
      Great to hear you're back at it! Mind if I ask who you picked for the body work?
      The Resto Mod Store off Truman in Independence.

      By the way, how is your Camaro coming along? It is funny how life gets in the way of our projects isn't it....

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      No, we arent going to be able to make it to Topeka but will be at the Solo School and Event in May. It was a good time for sure, I just wish we could have stayed and made it Sunday. The Camaro is on jack stands in the garage getting ready for the new 200# leafs and Koni shocks all around. Hopefully will cut down on some rear tire rub I was getting around the corners last time.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    18. #38
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Odessa mo.
      Posts
      925
      Country Flag: United States
      Excellent choice on the body shop I have them do the paint work for my shop. Too much red tape for a booth right now

    19. #39
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Last weekend Jeremie was able to come over and help me make another huge push in getting the car dismantled. I think the car realized I am not sending it to the crusher so it has become almost 'helpful' at this stage. In a matter of no time we got it to where all that is left is the front/rear glass and the trans crossmember. Which reminds me that I need to call Speedtech to see if it will work with the new subframe or part with another excellent piece of work from them. The price of changing to a much better direction I suppose, no loss. The headers look to be sold after 2 days on the market, so I am sure the new owner will be stoked when he sees them tomorrow. Either that or I am getting shot in the parking lot by a Craigslist killer, lol! On a more positive note my aluminum hood from AMD came in yesterday and that has been more than enough to get me stoked about taking the car to the bodyshop next week. Wooohooooo!!!! And yes, I will take final pics of the car (and post them) right before it goes out the door.

      Hurry up Speedtech, I am dying to get my hands on the goods!

    20. #40
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the car loaded up and over to the Restomod Store yesterday. Today I got the estimate for the work and it came in where I expected with all the rust (I think they are going to be able to save 1 of the lugnuts and toss the rest, lol). 110 hours in all and that covers everything from firewall back. They promise a ton of pics of the car along the rebuild process so I plan to share those while I do little else but rebuild the bank account for the next phase. At least I was able to shed the towing costs by trading some IT services to my real estate friend with a truck/trailer. That ought to be enough to cover the bumpers for the trip in both directions.

      On a side note, the guy who bought my headers picked up my Tanks Inc tank (getting one of their minitubbed versions) the original horseshoe shifter and the 67 console that came with my car to put a couple bucks back in my pocket to cover the upcoming subframe. Here's a pic of the car before the next phase of beautifcatuion starts. Did I mention the stank in this car is horrid, glad that won't be coming back.


      I need to find a thread where someone details the modification and installation of 4th Camaro seats in to a 1st gen. I threw one of the seats in before I shipped it off and it sat a bit high.






    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com