Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 90

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada

      Check out this clusterfcuk !

      So I went an did the 1" body drop... So far so good after all is said and done I got another 3/4 inch.
      When I go and measure the right side I see I have a flat so I filler up. It starts pissing air out the back. I feel around and realize that after shaving down the bump stops (I thought the bump stops from the lca's would give me a backup to the steering bumpstops)' on a lock to lock the lip of the wheel touches the upper control arms and ruined the rim. Off to the repair shop tomorrow.
      I'm almost done with this truck!
      G
      Name:  5B0D5837-049E-4B5A-B3DB-654DE553441E-72871-0000091C09D476B1_zps2da00230.jpg
Views: 2450
Size:  204.0 KB

      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tornadocaster View Post
      I'm almost done with this truck!
      G
      G
      Don't give up so easily. I gave up and have regretted it ever since.
      It sucks about your wheel, hopefully it wont be much to fix it. I'd throw some new body mounts in and go with the lower rate coils. See how that is and go from there. I think you may want to consider another brand coil-over, maybe a true coil-over with some new mounts. Another option may be to go with some custom made coils and some valved shocks made for the spring rate of the coils.
      Its not just the coil, its the shock to. If they aren't matched its not going to handle well.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Edmonton, AB
      Posts
      56
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
      G
      Its not just the coil, its the shock to. If they aren't matched its not going to handle well.
      This I didn't know. If the lighter spring doesn't work I was thinking of going with the moog Iroc convertible springs and using the same Viking shocks. In your opinion, if i were to use a traditional coilover would I have to rework the upper pocket where the spring goes now?
      Gio
      Four-of-a-kind! 3 s10's sacrificed their soul to make one...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-to-make-one!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com