Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      San Gabriel Valley. Ca
      Posts
      83
      Country Flag: United States

      Vortech Centrifugal Supercharger on mild 350?

      Question is would I blow the engine? I don't build engines and I'm not going to act like I know something when I really don't. I see them for sale for around $2,000. Do the internals have to be forged, and do pistons always have to be low compression? I'm just curios. It just seemed pretty cheap for a big power adder?

      Thanks

      James

      James W.
      SoCal
      Instagram: @626Chevelle
      1968 Chevelle for the track and fun LS1
      1972 Chevelle True Daily Driver

      Used to be known as SlowJammin626

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      107
      Country Flag: Cambodia
      There are lots of guys running around with stock LS motors and power adders running low to mid boost. Most kits for stock motors tend to stay under 8lbs with most around 6lbs. An LS to SBC is not a direct comparison but the low boost method would probably work. Engine and blower details would help. Im by no means an expert but I am researching an FI build for my next project.


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com