Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      58

      68 Camaro 700R swap

      About to put a 700R (with good parts) in my 68 Camaro behind a big block. I am going to have a driveshaft built instead of cutting my existing one. Also it looks like I should be able to use my existing B&M Quicksilver Shifter. Is there anyone out there that has been there, done that that can offer tips and suggestions before I get started? Looking forward to another gear. ;)



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      High ridge ,mo
      Posts
      125
      Country Flag: United States
      I think you will have to get an aftermarket crossmember to put the 700 in.the most important thing is to make sure the detent cable geometry is correct .. Greg

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      58

      68 Camaro 700R swap

      Ok, thanks, Greg. I'll do that. I've heard of getting another cross member or modifying the current one. I think I'd like to keep all existing parts as is just in case I have to put the 400 back in. Stuff breaks, ya know...

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      British Columbia
      Posts
      614
      Country Flag: Canada
      From all the guys I've known who have done this they had to replace the shifter. Does the quick silver have a detent for a 4th gear selection?
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...


      How hard can it be...

      Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      58

      68 Camaro 700R swap

      Yes, it actually does. according to the instructions, I believe I just have to remove a e clip and pin.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      58

      68 Camaro 700R swap

      'An' e clip

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Pensacola, FL
      Posts
      1,265
      Country Flag: United States
      CHeck out bowtieoverdrives.com Read up on TV system & how it works. Its very important to how the trans acts. They also have a TV made easy kit & some inexpensive kits for the converter lockup, speedo gears, etc. They also have crossmembers but you can probably re-drill your subframe to use the existing 400 crossmember. I have successfully moved the T350 crossmember back on LS1/4L60 swap.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com