Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 902

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      South Lyon, MI
      Posts
      1,244
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice rendering. This is a really creative build. I can't wait to see the finished product.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Location
      Sacramento, California
      Posts
      40
      I think Trump would tell him to have a Coal powered engine, that would be a steam engine, but Trump wouldn't understand that,
      he would only know his Lump is bigger than your Lump. ;)

      I personally would put in a Volvo T5 with a bigger turbo, it would be MUCH lighter than a LS, but V8 are better eye candy.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      5
      Condescension aside....i used to be in the anti-LS camp. Having owned multiple european sports cars and high end sports sedans and currently owning a TT Audi v8, two Jaguar e-types and a porsche 911 carrera, I have had a bit of snobbery about overhead cams, exotic metal crankcases, blah, blah, blah... But with near 40 years of motoring experience behind me, I've become an LS convert. The DOHC design may give better ultimate breathing, but it moves a lot of weight to the top of the engine -- bad for the center of gravity. And it adds to the weight -- a direct affront to Colin Chapman's primary mandate: "add lightness". With how far the LS engines have been developed, it really is hard to find a motor that gives more power, at its weight, its compact dimensions and with its low center of gravity. There really is nothing like it. Forget trying to wedge a coyote or voodoo V8 into the P1800's engine bay, or many others for that matter. The width at the heads requires serious space between the strut towers. You can buy a hi-strung NA Audi or BMW V8 that'll get you maybe mid-400 HP, but it won't be lighter, it is unlikely to be as compact width-wise, and it'll have lost a lot of its torque getting to that HP level. That same HP and far more is easy out of an LS. The aftermarket support is insane and constantly growing. Bottom line -- anyone against an LS is coming from an irrational bias. It is a great engine that needs no apologies from anyone.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by nimblemotorsports View Post
      I think Trump would tell him to have a Coal powered engine, that would be a steam engine, but Trump wouldn't understand that,
      he would only know his Lump is bigger than your Lump. ;)

      I personally would put in a Volvo T5 with a bigger turbo, it would be MUCH lighter than a LS, but V8 are better eye candy.
      That's an assumption I've never been able to confirm. The T5 bare Long block to my understanding is 337 lbs...add manifold, turbo, etc. and I think you are in the mid-400 range. LS3 by contrast with manifolds is right around 400 I think. The LS can be built lighter. I like the idea of the T5, but nothing wrong with the LS plan IMO.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com