Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 11 of 11

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Location
      Tucson
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: United States

      1966 Mustang raodster.

      Hello, I Just recently finished my Dodge Stealth RT/TT and decided it was time to start another project. I wanted something a little different from what everyone had so it sets itself apart at car shows and the track. The car will be geared toward ¼-mile track but I want it to carve corners as well. I have some lofty goals for the car, but still need to work within my finances (Champaign dreams on a beer budget). I once had a 1966 mustang coupe. I loved that car, but I was young and stupid, so I traded it for something else. I wanted to go back and do that project the way it should have been done. I went on the internet, and found a rolling shell for $800 bucks. I purchased a 1966 mustang coupe that originally had a 289 with a three speed manual tranny and 8-inch rear. It was a deluxe model, however when I bought it, it was striped. The person I bought it from made a deal with me that I would trade him the roof that I cut off for the doors for the car. I brought it home, welded in an eight-point roll cage, and then cut off the roof. I called the person back and he said he changed his mind, he said he could deal with the roof he had because the doors would cost too much to replace. I believe things happen for a reason so I waited patiently for parts to come along. It was not too long before I found a set of fiberglass doors with lexan windows. Along with the doors, the person had an almost complete fiberglass front end. I ended up getting all of it for $300. I spent 3 days removing all the bondo (It was the metallic kind). It is in black rattle can primer right now. I started doing all the free stuff I can do to it, like dent pulling and welding.
      Name:  3n03oa3pa5Q35W45R4b464602c0a2db211a3d.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  6.3 KBName:  3n93p83oe5Q55W55X2b464a234c1ba87a1bdb.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  5.0 KBName:  100_1177.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  313.0 KB






    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com