Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 11 of 11

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States

      1993 Mustang Coupe Build

      New to the site, but hope I can get some good pointers along the way as I progress with my build.

      The car is a 1993 Mustang Coupe that I have owned for about six years now of which the last four or so it has been in storage.

      I have an all Aluminum 6.2L LS3 engine from a 2012 Camaro that was making 830 RWHP with a Vortech YSI supercharger. My plan was to stay with the Vortech, but have since changed my mind and plan on going twin turbo. Transmission will be a 4L80e
      I have Rennen International R7 wheels (18"x8.5" front and 19"x12" rear) Wrapped in Nitto Nt05 tires. I am fabricating all my own front and rear suspension components. The rear end will be one of my sheet metal 9" stock suspension Mustang housings.
      I also have the complete brake system off of a 2012 Shelby GT500


      This is the car after coming out of storage before I began cutting on it.




      Rennen R7 Wheels


      Factory rear wheel tubs removed and clearance for larger mini tub


      Mocked up ride height on one of my chassis tables




      One of my sheet metal 9" Mustang stock suspension housings



      Thanks for looking, ill keep the updates coming as progress is made.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard
      Fox Body Coupes FTW. Mock up looks great, stance is killer.
      Those wheels/tires really set it off.
      That rear end, wow, nice work.
      This going to be good.



      Subd

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      ohio
      Posts
      1,135
      Country Flag: United States
      nice.....love me some foxbodys.....and for it to have a ls makes it that much better
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      263
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome build love the stance!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      73
      Country Flag: United States
      Love the notchbacks,had many of them.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      36
      Country Flag: United States
      Great stance and wheel choice. Anything special planned for the interior?

      I have an 87 coupe that won't pass emissions and would much rather drive it on the street instead of drag race. Thought about selling or transitioning over to LS. Interested to see how yours turns out.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by DHarrison View Post
      Great stance and wheel choice. Anything special planned for the interior?

      I have an 87 coupe that won't pass emissions and would much rather drive it on the street instead of drag race. Thought about selling or transitioning over to LS. Interested to see how yours turns out.
      Interior will be custom leather with diamond stitching. Still undecided if the back seat will be going back in or not, but ill cross that bridge once I get there.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      wow looks sick with the new wheels and stance!! sounds like a awesome project! can't wait to see moar!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      36
      Country Flag: United States
      Sounds awesome. Any concerns about emissions with the new LS? (not sure if your area has emissions testing) Just curious if you need to hook up any emissions equipment or just put on cats and call it a day.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by DHarrison View Post
      Sounds awesome. Any concerns about emissions with the new LS? (not sure if your area has emissions testing) Just curious if you need to hook up any emissions equipment or just put on cats and call it a day.
      No emissions here in Florida

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States
      Made some progress recently. I decided to fabricate my own K-member. I definitely did not expect for it to take as long as it did to build, but i'm glad I opted to build my own vs. buying. Next I need to fixture my spindles in place so I can fabricate the lower control arms. I also plan to sit the engine in place tomorrow and build the engine mounts to the k-member.
      Rennen did not machine the wheels to the correct bore center so I had to unbolt the centers and machine them in the mill to accept the new spindles and brakes.
      I have also decided to ditch the Vortech in favor of twin Precision 6266 turbos so I went ahead and machined some 1/2" stainless header flanges so I can get started on the turbo system once the engine is in place.

      Sorry in advance for all the photos.


      My crude but accurate fixture


















      New step bore sized to accept new spindle.




      Oversize flanges on fixture ready for machine finish









    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com