Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 6 of 6

    Thread: '66 sedan

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Townsend Ma
      Posts
      42

      '66 sedan

      Hey guys,


      I have been lurking around the site for about a year and figured I should post some pics of my car. On a pretty tight budget as I just got married bought a house and had a little girl so the updates will be small and a ways between.


      It's a 1966 Chevy II, first car I ever owned and I've been tinkering on it for the past 6 years although it doesn't really show at this point.


      What I've upgraded thus far:
      Suspension
      Checkered racing front clip with adjustable coil overs
      TCI four link in the rear
      New floor pan
      Installed mini tubs


      Braking:
      Wildwood 4 piston calipers on the front
      Stock s-10 drums in the rear for now




      Power train:
      5.3 silverado motor planning on getting some LS top end parts.
      A t5 that needs a rebuild.
      s-10 rear that needs new gears at a minimum

      Interior:
      I have 2 sets of integra buckets that I'll be recovering in white leather and gray suede. I'm also going to mould a center console out of fiberglass that runs from under the dash up between the rear buckets to the package tray. I'm debating installing a birch burl wooden inlay on the top of it or going with aluminum. I'll also be moulding the door panels out of fiberglass with either aluminum or wood inserts.



      Plans are to have a real good cruiser that can corner better than stock and has some decent pep


      Here's what it looked like the day I got it

      Here is how it's currently sitting

      Here is the goal


      Ive got 1/4's and a tail panel coming next week. I've gotta move the car over to my new house before I start more work on it.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      340
      Nice project! The 66/67 is one of my bucket list cars..........I have a very small bucket!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Spokane, Washington
      Posts
      125
      Wow, looks great! Will be following this build for sure!

      -Nick
      My 65' Impala SS
      6.2 L L92
      4L80E
      13" Disc Brakes
      18/20 Wheels

    4. #4
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      297
      Country Flag: United States
      Any updates on this one? Would be a cool one to see if it's still a project.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Townsend Ma
      Posts
      42
      Quote Originally Posted by Munssey View Post
      Any updates on this one? Would be a cool one to see if it's still a project.
      Nothing much to update. I've maybe put 3 days into the car in the past couple years.... kids, spouse, house and building a business have ruined all my hobby time lol not to mention that I have $0 for this! I have been thinking about the car a lot lately tho and am planning to get all the body work done and primed this year. Ended up selling the trans because it wasn't worth trying to rebuild it. I did have a design change tho which my wife isn't on board with but I might have to overrule her




      Not sure on the wheels because I might just go triple 8 steel wheels, I kinda dig that look and have switched my plans on interior over to more of a trans am/gasser style.. minimal frills, really like the Spectre 2nd gen interior..

      https://i.imgur.com/Jk0Aq45.jpg
      https://i.imgur.com/1xIGcoA.jpg
      https://i.imgur.com/vV7aFiu.jpg


      So hopefully I will be able to start some progress on this again. Would love to drive it at some point since I've owned it for 11 years now.

      *no clue how to attach image vs link*

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Townsend Ma
      Posts
      42

      Whole new plan

      So change of plan and the need for some cash prompted the sale of my suspension and brake components. I wasn't thrilled with the checkered racing front suspension and would like a 3 link rear suspension now.


      My thought is that I'll only build the major stuff on this once and want to do it how I'd like it. Budget is still really low at the moment so here is the plan.


      I'm going to use the he Autoweld mandrel bent full frame rails and the perimeter kit fully welded to the rockers (I haven't gotten a direct quote yet but based on their catalog prices I'm guessing it will be around $2k for this) then I'll need to square away front and rear suspension.


      Questions that I have thought of this far:
      1- are the autoweld rails any good?
      2- does anyone like AME,DSE,TCI etc make a kit for mounting rack, control arms etc. I know they have these for trucks and mustangs just not sure on this since most people just buy the whole clip
      3- does anyone make a 3 link kit that I could modify or will I have to scratch build?
      4- probably cut out the floor that I replaced and the solid trunk but what they heck I can just build new ones.


      I'm sure there will be more and right now I'm just brainstorming since my wallet is empty but my head is full, again I'm working budget wise so if anyone thinks this is a bad approach please speak up. Pricing out a front clip and truck arm puts me around $10k pretty quick and if I can build a full frame for around that why not right? I do have a buddy that is welder by trade so he would be fully tig welding anything I put in to make sure that it's rock solid.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com