Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      7

      68 Fastback with mini tub

      Hello, I am working on a 68 fastback and will be installing the Goodmark/Graverobber mini tubs. I want to get as wide as a tire I can in the back. I was thinking an 18x10 but was not sure about what back space to use. Tire would be in the 295-305 range. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      7
      Anybody atleast know some one I could call?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States
      Do you have access to the car? If so can you take measurements? If you post some measurments we can help with back space.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Long island NY
      Posts
      320
      Country Flag: United States
      Dse!!!!
      70 Mustang fastback 428 sb

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      18
      I think you can get a 18x10 under a 68 without tubs. I had 18x10 bullitts with about 6.02 backspacing and it looked like a good fit. Of course, this was just mockup.

      Bill




      Living the dream or running it down... haven't figured out which yet.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      7
      Perfect! That is what I am ooking for 18x10's in the rear. I am thinking a 295 tire. It is the back spacing that I was concerned with. 6" seems to be the magic number.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      18
      I had 275/35's They were stretched quite a bit though. I've since sold them as I couldn't find a 8 inch wheel in polished to match them.

      Bill




      Living the dream or running it down... haven't figured out which yet.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      252
      Country Flag: United States
      I am working on a 67 Fastback and my wheels are 20x10. I had to mini tub the old school way (just to see if I could do it) and was able to get 2 inches overall. I beleive the backspacing of my wheels are 5.5" using a 9" rear. I have a 1/4 inch on either side before it touches the frame rail (pintched a little) or the outside of the wheel house. Hope this helps....
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    9. #9
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      7
      Thanks for the help. Ithought about cutting and extending the wheel wells but it's tough to do with limited time. What size tires do you have in their?




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com