Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 5 of 5

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: United States

      New to the site, 68 Camaro

      I have a 68 Camaro project, any tips and info is much appreciated



      Last edited by tkong14; 08-19-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Added pic


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Glendale, AZ
      Posts
      251
      Country Flag: United States

      New to the site, 68 Camaro

      What direction do you plan to go with it? LS conversion? Classic?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Location
      Tacoma, Wa
      Posts
      232
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the addiction! This site is invaluable for its members' expertise. I don't want to rain on the parade, but with a car such as you have pictured take an honest look at how much metal work you can do yourself. With almost every exterior panel and most likely interior rot as well needing attention or replacement this will get expensive very quickly (easy 20K). Be honest with what your capabilities are and if you suspect you will have to pay for everything to be done it might not be worth your time to start with this car. It can take years with someone on any kind of budget. Ive learned sometimes its best to start with a car more complete because life is short. I wish you the best with whatever route you take. Welcome aboard.
      Brian


      68lovebuzz
      68 Camaro, LS6, TKO 600, Moser 12 bolt 3.73 W/Eaton LSD, hotchkis/bilstein, KORE3 C5 brakes, RUSHFORTHs and a few other tweaks ; )

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: United States
      It honestly is worse then it looks, the interior is mostly there. Also I know it will take years but I'm 18. I've got plenty of time and i couldn't imagine letting it go to someone who may not give her another shot at life. And I'm thinking classic, I've got a 4 bolt 350 with a few components. I'm in no hurry and it will be done right. Thanks for making me feel welcome and ill be sure to start a project thread when i start!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com