Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Posts
      59

      Feedback on wheel/tire setup for '71 Nova

      Ok I think I'm finally about to get a set of wheels and tires ordered. I'm just not completely sure of sizes. I'm not looking for the rubberband look so I'm trying to get taller tires on the rear. I originally wanted a 27"+ tall tire to fill the rear wheel opening but it's gonna have to be a tradeoff between that and ride height. There are also only a handful of tires that size and they are all drag radials.



      I'm planning on the Vintage Wheel Works V40 wheels. Sizes will be 17" x 8" up front and 18" x 11" in the rear. Car has been mini-tubbed. G-link in the rear and coilovers in the front. May end up with the Tru-turn dropped spindles up front as well to get it low enough.

      Tires:
      Nitto nt555 235/45-17 height: 25.3" OR Toyo 888 in same size
      Nitto nt555rII 305/35-18 height: 26.3" OR Toyo 888...

      Is that gonna look OK? I think the front and rear sidewall heights should come out the same given the wheel diameter differences. I'd much prefer the 295/40-18 Falken rt615k tire at 27.2" tall for the rear but the VWW wheels come in either 9.5" or 11" wide only. Neither of those are good for that tire. I don't want the stretched tire look.

      Thanks!


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,773
      Country Flag: United States
      I've seen guys run the Falken on a 9.5" wide wheel and it didn't look any different to me compared to it being mounted on a 10" wide wheel, although I understand that Falken recommends a 10-11.5 inch width. If you did go that route, you could pair it up with a 245/45R17 front in the same tire with a 25.7" diameter on an 8" wide wheel.

      Tobin
      KORE3
      It's what I does.


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com