Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States

      new to the forum with a '69 comet

      hey just thought I would introduce myself to the forum been lurking for awhile and decided to jump on board. I have a 1969 mercury comet 2 dr hard top that Im going to be doing a lot of suspension upgrades and either a mild 347/460 or if I can get a few parts i will be building up the stock 250 inline 6. Im not wanting to go to crazy on the motor build up just enough to give it some pep and maybe do a bit of a rolling burn out. I have to do a lot of fixing stupid things the PO did to it before. like replace the front springs that he heated and the crappy exhaust he put on. got to get my spin techs on there. here's a pic of the car. the last pic with the gunmetal paint on the rims is the most recent.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      See fordsix.com - Classic Inlines makes an aluminum head with detachable manifold for the Falcon 6.
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

      1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      ya Ive been browsing them for awhile I'm just trying to figure out if its worth spending more on the 6 vs going to a bb 460. Ive found a few big blocks for well under the price of the aluminum head alone. I'm torn though because I want something different but i want gobs of torque.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard! your mercury looks cool so far!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Posts
      49,371
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the board..... the car looks menacing! Love the view from your driveway BTW!

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Texan Back in Texas!
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      If you are not daily driving it then go with the BBF, if it is a daily driver then the 6 will be less thirsty.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

      However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

      Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      thanks for the welcome everyone. ya it will be a dd but i love my torque. the six has a little gusto but not what I'm looking for. my goal in mind is to pull along side some mustang GT and just blow them away and leave tear streaks down their face. i still want to keep it street able but we all know how that goes. The biggest problem I face right now is there is no reproduction parts made for it sheet metal wise and the grill is gone and the P/S fender is pretty buggered( nothing a mallet and bag cant help). I'm thinking a custom grill is in order though.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Thomasville, NC
      Posts
      202
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome, great project car......I like the off-beat cars.

      1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura
      389/TH400, Wide-Track Darksider
      Bars, springs, disc brakes, etc.

      1962 Falcon 2-dr
      "just getting started"





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com