Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 19 of 19

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2002
      Location
      Springfield, MO
      Posts
      4,470
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Shep. LOL!
      Contrary to popular belief, it CAN be done on a budget if you're not trying to kill it on power. I was told "it can't be done" by alot of people in '99-2000 and I thought I'd try anyway since "it can't be done". Well, my first engine lasted 17,000+ miles and a couple years of constant beatings!! It would've lasted longer but it was a total cheapie build with a LOOSE bore block that was a hone only with the cheapest hyper pistons I could find....Badger brand factory replacement Junkers that ended up knocking off about half of the skirts, which ended up splitting the cyl wall! LOL! It was a stock 2 bolt block with a cast crank, factory rods (and bolts!) and some junk smogger heads with a Victor Jr intake and Holley 650 puddle dumper. The pump was a Holley black and the timing was locked at 24*. Pretty basic combo that pulled 550rwhp/650rwtq and ran a best of 11.20@124 with a 3.00 gear 9" rear and th350.

      Anyway, A couple of TurboCoupe or GN T-3's from eBay or wherever on a 350 or 327 will fit the bill just fine. If you have pockets or want big power then definately buy some good parts for the inside of the engine and everything else, but I had about $2,000 in the setup since I had the engine already. When it puked, I did put some better parts inside the next 350. Also, a good intercooler will be helpful to keep things "safe" and with less chance of detonation.



      As said, check out. http://www.theturboforums.com/
      Or a guy that said it "can be done" was
      http://toohighpsi.com/

      Good luck and read aLOT and plan for problems!! LOL!
      Jimmy

      69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

      http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com